“Good food, quick and outstanding service!”
Review of Cafe Boheme

Cafe Boheme
Ranked #272 of 847 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This restaurant is on the row by the wharf. The posted menu had a mix of Italian, French and Seafood plats, which is why we chose it for dinner as we walked by. From the beginning, the staff was friendly and attentive. We were greeted as we walked in and offered our choice of table. Menus and a small bowl of olives started us off. We put in our order, drinks and the appetizer came quickly. The main plats (Moules and Gorgonzola Gnocchi) were huge and excellent. The serving sizes of the other meals we saw were also large. Come here with a hearty appetite! During the meal the staff was very attentive (but not intrusive!), cleared used plates, asked if we needed anything, etc. The staff and the food made this restaurant shine!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We arrived tired after an overseas flight on Xmas Eve. Had a typical meal of soupe de poisson and moules frites which was very good. A very pleasant waiter,the Xmas day menu looked great

Reviewed October 26, 2011

My wife and I visited this restaurant on a Tuesday night around 8:30pm and the restaurant was pretty busy - thinking this was a good sign we chose to eat there. They had a prix fix menu for 24.50 Euro which included an appetizer, main course, and a dessert - sounded like a pretty good deal for this area of France.

We started with an Italian Charcuterie and a Nicoise Salad - both very good and we were pleased. For a main course, my wife got a fish special with rattatouile which she thought was OK. I got gnocci gorgonzola as I really like gnocci and this was an Italian restaurant. The gnocci was extremely heavy (good gnocci shouldn't be THAT heavy) and the gorgonzola sauce was thick and there was way too much on the pasta. Overall it was too heavy to eat and I had about 1/4 of it before throwing in the towel. For dessert, my wife got Tiramisu Icecream and I got Profiteroles - I'd say that both of those were good as well.

For Service, it was pretty slow throughout the entire meal....they were quick to get us drinks but after that it slowed down significantly. It did seem as though they were short staffed as there were only 3 people waiting on tables (one of which was the manager who was waiting on us) and for a pretty packed restaurant didn't seem like they could keep up.

Overall, not a great dining experience and would not return in the future. I was also surprised to see a rating of 4 for this restaurant as it was not at all what I would expect given our experience.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

It looked good from the outside but the menu was very limited and overpriced.
It is in a prominent position in the town and I guess it gets the business without having to try very hard.
Can't fault the service but Cannes has better to offer than this.

1  Thank SarahRugby
Reviewed August 4, 2010

The staff here were friendly and helpful and the food well prepared although the quality of the the duck which my husband chose for a main course was slightly disappointing. The menu is varied with a wide choice.