“A seafood delight!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice busy restaurant set back from La Croisette. Good service, excellent seafood platter and a stunning spaghettini saumon to follow. Not too pricey

There are newer reviews for Coquillages Brun

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We always buy our take out seafood here. Fresh oysters (many varieties too!), sea urchins when in season, crab, shrimp, clams ... We have absolutely no complaints about the quality of seafood.
The shuckers are always very friendly.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

The seafood is sent from the gods. Giant crabs and langoustine. It is also a great place to people watch. The only let down were the waiters, who were typically French and slightly arrogant!!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have traveled to Cannes annually since 2000, and Coquillages Brun is a "must do." It's not about the setting - the restaurant itself is "no frills" - it's about the seafood. You won't care about the lack of decor.

The restaurant is on the corner of Rue Felix Faure and Rue Louis Blanc, and before it's brought into the kitchen, the seafood is prepared outside the restaurant along the Louis Blanc sidewalk. It's that fresh. There are plated menu selections, but the best is to order a variety of seafood that will be brought to you on a tiered stand. Everyone at your table picks off of those plates and it's wonderful. My favorite was actually the perriwinkles that were brought to us as an appetizer that I don't think we ordered and may have been complimentary. However they ended up on our table, they made me happy and writing about them makes me wish I was there. The scampi were wonderfully tastey and my husband got his ever favorite oysters. Whatever you order, you won't go wrong dining at Coquillages Brun. Service was prompt and efficient. People wait to get into this restaurant, so they don't waste time getting the food onto your table.

if you don't want to wait, go early to Coquillages Brun. My husband attends a convention that generates a lot restaurant traffic, and I think the conditions during this meeting would be similar to peak season tourism. We arrived at the restaurant early (around 19:00) and were able to be seated without waiting. The restaurant filled up quickly and by the time we left, there was a crowd outside that restaurant waiting to be seated... and I mean a crowd that wasn't easy to walk through. Neighboring restaurants had many empty tables, and that's how good Coquillages Brun is. People don't mind waiting, and we'll be going back (but early!).

1  Thank troggs
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It is simply a classic! Excellent fresh seafood, good service, relaxed atmosphere. It is often very busy and they do not take reservations, so come early or be prepared to queue for a place. I really like that they concentrate on serving great seafood and basically nothing else.