“great and robust french food”
Review of Chez Therese - CLOSED

Chez Therese
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Deep in the heart of le Suquet, in the old city of Cannes, the conviviality of a genuine French bistro, with a French traditional cuisine-lover chef. In a smart, ostentation less setting, characteristic of the genuine bistros of Paris, he thus gives back honour - in putting them in our dishes marrowbones, calf Blanquette , foie gras, truffles...great selection of wines
Reviewed April 17, 2011

In this restaurant I enjoyed some very good French dishes in a charming place (near le Suquet) with friendly service and (for French averages) honest prices. I advise you the onion soup, but also a very good veal, cooked with a delicious sauce.

3  Thank teoseattle

Reviewed March 2, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our visit to this place. Neither the menu nor the waiter catered to English only speakers, but the waiter was patient with us. We had the onion soup which was different than we have had before, but very good. The cheese was not as plentiful and there was no beef broth, but very tasty. We each had a beef dish. My wife had the roast beef which was strips of beef roast. Mine was a very tender beef "stew". My wife had mashed potatoes and gravy (very good). Mine came with gnochi which were surprisingly good with the stew gravy. For the dessert we had tiramisu and creme carmel. Both were exscellent. We each had the house wine (white and red); both were more than adequate.

1  Thank azdesertdog
Reviewed January 28, 2011

In Cannes for Midem 2011, I decided to check out Trip Advisor to get some tips. Just a few minutes away from the Palais and the Midem crowds you can find really good local food at Chez Therese. I went here for lunch on 23/01/11 and was so impressed I went back again on 25/01/11 for lunch too! Loved the fresh onion soup - a hearty meal in itself - which I had both times. For main course I had Cod 1st time and the Crepe Special 2nd time. Both times I had the €25 3-Course Menu. For 2 with wine, water and coffee it came to €73.50. Excellent food and friendly service. Recommended.

Reviewed November 13, 2010

we spent 2 weeks in france and the best meal we had was at an italian restaurant. then we ate at chez therese and finally had a great french meal. Food was excellent, location was great, they had outdoor seating (but no air conditioning inside). Loved it!

Reviewed July 16, 2010

this restaurant is the best in cannes if you like french food ! french tradditionnal food ! and for the staff is very well too ! the chef make a good stuff and the waiter is excellent, i hope for their, staying a long times here !