“Careful - lack of hygiene”

L'Assiette Provencale
Ranked #13 of 850 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Provencale Cuisine
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am still in shock because of what I saw. First appearances were good, nice place, next to the port, friendly staff, and good food until I saw some stuff that really disgusted me. I was seated next to an area where they prep entrees and desserts. One of the waiters sneezed to his hand and imediatly grabbed some bread with the befouled hand and then served it to someone. Later I saw another waitress tasting ice cream and using the same spoon to put the ice cream into a plate! Along this, she used her hands to touch every single component of the desserts and then touch money, etc. and didnt washed them at all. I was completely shocked with this lack of hygiene. I really hope the kitchen is cleaner, because if they do this kind of things in front of the clients, I can only imagine what is going on the background...

1  Thank maria r
Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Couldn't help the feeling that this restaurant relies on its position by the marina (and the noise of the passing traffic!) to justify its prices. Whilst the food was no more expensive than other meals we have had here in Cannes, the menu was less adventurous, cuisine less accomplished and the service far less friendly than we have experienced elsewhere. I would also agree that the wine selection was very expensive by comparison.

Look a little harder and you will find significantly better value.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a great place. Right across from the harbor, delicious food, friendly service. Quality price is right too. Went there twice in one week and will go again

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Excellent we loved it!
Desserts are a must try and the set course menu is a gr8 option
You get to try an appetizer a main dish and a dessert at a very fair price !

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great food and very nice people. With a little bit more AC inside it would have been perfect. We had tuna tartare, petits farcies, king prawns, and strawberries pie. Everything was delicious, nicely presented and very tasty.