“Great food, great friendly service ... and fresh bread!”

L'Assiette Provencale
Ranked #15 of 845 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Provencale Cuisine
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Tried to reserve a table here online but something went wrong (maybe calling rather than emailing is a safer bet). Despite this they slotted us in a bit later than planned and offered us complimentary aperitifs in the meantime.

The services was perfect, in fact I would go as far to say it was some of the best I have received down here, every course came at the right time, the staff were professional, happy, friendly and efficient. The bread was unusually very soft and fresh (not really hard having been sat in a basket all day as seems to be the norm in restaurants down here).

We ate from the two different set menus (24€ and 29€) I had the Zucchini, it really is as good as the other reviewers say! The others in my group had the oysters and gravlax, both excellent. For mains pasta, veal and sea bass, again all really good, taste and presentation excellent. For dessert I highly recommend the lemon meringue pie, the portion looks really huge but the meringue is so light and fluffy it all soon dissapeared!!

My only negative is the wine list was somewhat pricy (but the wine was good!).

Overall an excellent discovery, I visit cannes every year and will definitely return when I visit here again for the lovely food and friendly efficient service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very good service, excellent meal. Try the 24 or 29 euro menu and you will be not disappointed at all! Th veal, beef and especially the duck are on the top, but don't forget to try the fritters of zucchini flowers! Visited twice in a week and I'll be back asap!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We took a group of ten to this small harbor front restaurant. We went indoors - It was rainy. Fixed menu prices of 24E and 29E with a good selection. Each course was well prepared. The pictures were pretty dated. Not spectacular but very pleasant.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

After reading many reviews we reserved online.
This small restaurant is situated overlooking the port. The staff are welcoming and friendly.
I chose the set menu and for 29 Eur and I had 3 delicious courses.
(My starter of deep fried zucchini flowers was deliciously different with a salsa type dipping sauce) Seabass was my main choice and the trio of deserts (warm melt in the middle chocolate cake, lemon meringue pie and fruit salad complete with espresso) was my desert, which was easily enough for 2 to share. But as my hubby had ordered one too - I just had to eat. a lovely evening finished off with a complimentary limoncello - delicious.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Great food in this cute little place. The meat was exquisite, and servis was friendly. I recommend to all who were disappointed by other restaurants in Cannes like I was.