“Don't Miss It”
Review of Mantel

Mantel
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Mantel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 847 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A few steps away from the Croisette and the Palais des Festivals, at the foot of the picturesque neighbourhood of the Suquet, discover and enjoy Mediterranean coloured gourmet cuisine made of seasonal products. In an intimate and contempory décor, Noël MANTEL and his team welcome you in this ideal place for a real moment of pleasure and tranquility.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My friends charged me with picking the restaurant this night. I looked at the menu of many of the restaurants on this street and I chose thins one. My friends were dubious as it was empty and the others on the street were busy. It does not have a suite of tables on a patio like the others which I think is one of the main reasons it was not busy. However, I read the menu and if a restaurant has the gumption to make some of these menu items, they must know what they are doing. Well, I was right and we had an absolutely incredible meal. All four of us were delighted. The service was great and the host could not have done a better job. He was also a real pro with wines. Folks, you need to go to this restaurant when in Cannes. I remain irritated that this restaurant was quiet given the quality of the food and service - did not make sense. So go!!

Lobster Ravioli - fantastic
Filet - fantastic
Squash Blossoms - fantastic
Sauces and sides - total pros

2  Thank Malcolm E

Reviewed July 11, 2014

It's the best restaurant that we went to in Cannes, and we spent a lot more on other restaurants. This is great french cuisine for great value. It's located in "Le Suquet" which is the old quarter of Cannes on a narrow cosy street. Oh and the desserts! It was very simple in a good way, not stiff, and they let the food speak for itself.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I ate here recently with my wife whilst on holiday.

We took the 44Euro menu which we thought was good value and drank a very nice white Lirac from Mont Redon. Would return if in Cannes again.

Parking is very easy in the nearby Suquet Forville car park.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Amazing, friendly service and a nice quiet setting. The food was perfection. We opted for the set menu, which was an excellent value at 35euro each. A great wine selection. We enjoyed this restaurant immensely. I wouldn't take children, more of a couples setting.

2  Thank Stephanie F
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Famous resataurant in old Cannes . Good food escpacially the risotto and the lamb chops. Howerver to expensive. We prefered the Bistro Gourmand for 1/3 of the price.

1  Thank ddmmBelgium