“Great dining, with excellent wine pairing”
Review of Mantel

Mantel
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Mantel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 833 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A few steps away from the Croisette and the Palais des Festivals, at the foot of the picturesque neighbourhood of the Suquet, discover and enjoy Mediterranean coloured gourmet cuisine made of seasonal products. In an intimate and contempory décor, Noël MANTEL and his team welcome you in this ideal place for a real moment of pleasure and tranquility.
Parker, Colorado
“Great dining, with excellent wine pairing”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The number of places to dine in Cannes is dizzying and they all are tempting. After quite a bit of research we noticed that Mantel was consistently in the top five selection, so we gave it a try.

About ½ way up the hill of Rue St. Antoine we found the place, a bit off to the side. Once inside we were seated immediately in a very cozy dining room. The staff spoke perfect English and were able to answer all of our questions. I chose the chef’s tasting menu, throwing danger to the wind since I didn’t know what ½ the dishes were. I wasn’t disappointed – they were all excellent. And not understanding what was coming I asked the sommelier to choose some wines by the glass that would complement the dish. He was genuinely appreciative of my trust in him and his recommendations were great. The prices are in line with the other dining establishments, but with superior flavor and service.

• Korean first
“Incredible”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Director de salle . Dimitri .
Incredible Profesional , nice suggestions concerning wine
And very élégant .
Nice food , value for money, everything was grate .thank you for à fantastique evening

• Visited August 2013
“Attentive staff, excellent cuisine”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Excellent meal. Highly recommended for a genuine culinary experience. The wine recommendation was well selected to accompany our meal. The ambience is perhaps a little simple. The service was correct and attentive. Thank you and we will visit again.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good but not great”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had dinner at the restaurant Mantel which was good but not overwhelming.

The restaurant is located in the middle of Old Town. After walking by all the cute terraces and people eating outside we were rather disappointed to hear that the Mantel does not have outside space at all.

Our waiter was very nice and gave some good recommendations (although he ended up pretty much recommending every single item on the menu which took away from the usefulness of his recommendation). He was not the most attentive of waiters but made it up with being friendly and joking with us.

The portions are large. Arrangement is OK. I had octopus for my appetizer, which was absolutely wonderful. My main course (sea bass), however, was a bit dry and I was not too happy with it. My friends both had the Truffel Risotto which was absolutely divine.

After our meal we tried every dessert on the menu (literally – we ordered one of each) and they were all quite good, just not as amazing as we would have wished in a restaurant like Mantel.

Overall a good experience but as said from the start: just not overwhelming. As I did not pay, I am not sure how good the value-for-money was.

One more piece of advice: Ladies, leave your heels at home or bring flats as you will have to walk down a very steep, slippery hill after dinner.

Arizona
“As a Zagat person, I think the trip advisor reviews have this wrong”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was the best food we had in over five nights in Cannes, and probably the best value. Dinner was offered at 35 to 45 euro each for a full meal, and the wine recommended was about 40 euro, competitive with any decent restaurant, and well below the haute places, with food that really pleased. We at here the last night of five, and had I eaten their earlier, I would have returned. I had the rabbit on white beans, it was simple and elegant at the same time. I believe this should be in the top ratings when you consider value and quality. Here is to the staff, the mailer de, a young man, was there to serve, and was considerate of any request. By the way, you sit inside, but on a hot night, it is air conditioned; worth the price of admission in August.