“Good but not great”
Review of Mantel

Mantel
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Mantel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 847 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A few steps away from the Croisette and the Palais des Festivals, at the foot of the picturesque neighbourhood of the Suquet, discover and enjoy Mediterranean coloured gourmet cuisine made of seasonal products. In an intimate and contempory décor, Noël MANTEL and his team welcome you in this ideal place for a real moment of pleasure and tranquility.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had dinner at the restaurant Mantel which was good but not overwhelming.

The restaurant is located in the middle of Old Town. After walking by all the cute terraces and people eating outside we were rather disappointed to hear that the Mantel does not have outside space at all.

Our waiter was very nice and gave some good recommendations (although he ended up pretty much recommending every single item on the menu which took away from the usefulness of his recommendation). He was not the most attentive of waiters but made it up with being friendly and joking with us.

The portions are large. Arrangement is OK. I had octopus for my appetizer, which was absolutely wonderful. My main course (sea bass), however, was a bit dry and I was not too happy with it. My friends both had the Truffel Risotto which was absolutely divine.

After our meal we tried every dessert on the menu (literally – we ordered one of each) and they were all quite good, just not as amazing as we would have wished in a restaurant like Mantel.

Overall a good experience but as said from the start: just not overwhelming. As I did not pay, I am not sure how good the value-for-money was.

One more piece of advice: Ladies, leave your heels at home or bring flats as you will have to walk down a very steep, slippery hill after dinner.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was the best food we had in over five nights in Cannes, and probably the best value. Dinner was offered at 35 to 45 euro each for a full meal, and the wine recommended was about 40 euro, competitive with any decent restaurant, and well below the haute places, with food that really pleased. We at here the last night of five, and had I eaten their earlier, I would have returned. I had the rabbit on white beans, it was simple and elegant at the same time. I believe this should be in the top ratings when you consider value and quality. Here is to the staff, the mailer de, a young man, was there to serve, and was considerate of any request. By the way, you sit inside, but on a hot night, it is air conditioned; worth the price of admission in August.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We went to Mantel primarily since it served more fish than its neighboring restaurants. We were not disappointed. Everything was good. Favorites: the tomato and Burata cheese (a beautiful piece of art), the special scorpion fish and the very helpful waiter originally from Budapest but who ended up in Cannes due to love. You too will love it here.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Having dinner in this restaurant was a pleasure. The fish, the meat were all full of flavour and tender and were served with a very good wine. When you enter the restaurant you see the deserts and they all look gorgeous but I can tell you they taste even better.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Our family of four (all adults) loved every course of our meal at Mantel. Waiter recommended a wine instead of my initial choice (saved us 40 euros) which paired perfectly with our apps (calamari, zucchini flowers, risotto) and the John Dory for 4 (which came right off the boat). Will definitely return next time in Cannes.