“I felt like family - best pick still after 3 years”

Le Salon des Independants
Ranked #4 of 800 Restaurants in Cannes
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional restaurant with single menu all included! And yes! Wine also (half a bottle of wine per person) A home made terrine appetizer with a seasonal salad and sausages followed by an appetizer and shot of vodka! and main course to choose between a fish and 4 or 5 meat and finally dessert choices. without forgetting a musical performance every night!
Phoenix, Arizona
“I felt like family - best pick still after 3 years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Tripadvisor is correct. We tried them based on review and they i think have been in #1 for years. This is a very small place so book in advance go early and enjoy. We were so impressed its our #1 pick of all restaurants in 3 years of travel here. Service is impeccable and expect a song or 2 and pleasant conversation. We had some amazing food and appetizers and meat pate turine I still dream of. I am french and was so impressed. Worth the trip up narrow street and our only regret is we did not dine here more often.

Cant beat this one and fair price and great owners and staff. Felt so welcome I thought I was part of the family. GO HERE FOR Sure skip the hotel food... up the hill on end of town.
Le Salon des Independants

• Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
“I was shocked!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Le Salon des Independants - amazing place to visit. Special atmosphere of the small restaurant, where you're getting the "home" service, like if you come to visit your friend's house during the weekend. The food is very delicios. The best choice regarding Price vs Quality!
I recommend!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Roman G
Dublin, Ireland
“An entertaining evening.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away in the old town and while within walking distance of our hotel we opted for a taxi which was somewhat expensive because it had to take a roundabout route due to the one way systems. At the restaurant we were greeted with great friendliness and a very humourous manager/ cook/entertainer.The meal is 45 Euro which covers Antipasta starter, a Ravioli dish, main course, dessert and half a bottle of wine per person. Main Course choices were varied and more than we expected for a set menu. We were advise to book this restaurant because of the entertainment value. It did not disappoint.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank late_starters40
Escondido, California
“Wonderful food and lively entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a wonderful five course dinner at Le Salon des Independants in Cannes. The entertainment was lively and very good. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family who may be planning a trip to Cannes.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CaliSally2013
London, United Kingdom
“Truffle delight...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I can only reiterate what other reviewers have written - the night was charming and fantastic in every way. The service was impeccable, the food delicious and the entertainment was brilliant. As other reviewers have described we had a glass of champagne on arrival, shortly followed by the house's own terrine, salad with mustard dressing, salami and gherkins. Then we had the beautiful ricotta and truffle ravioli dish - it has to be said, although all the food on the night was beautiful, this was definitely the show-stealer - DELICIOUS! I'm still thinking about it 4 days on! We both had the cote de boeuf as a main and then the chocolate fondant and profiteroles to end. As a pudding-lover, I wish I had now gone for the house-special of panna cotta with caramel, as the profiteroles were a little hard and cold inside - but truthfully, I couldn't really complain about anything on the night. The music started at around 9.30pm and was wonderful, I found myself laughing throughout it, as it was so joyful! The monkey noises topped off the musical extravaganza.

In short I think this restaurant took away all the unnecessary and often unwanted pauses in a night when going to a restaurant and allowed us to enjoy each other's company without having to meticulously study a menu.

I can see why it has been named best restaurant in Cannes - it was like eating at a good friend's house (a good friend who is also a very good cook!) in terms of ambience and service. And I for one cannot wait to go back!

• Visited October 2013