“Tres Magnifique”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bistrot chic
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was one of our best meals in France. Lovely hostess/manager and wait staff. Watch the pastry chef and team
prep and cook - through a glass window. We enjoyed it so much that we went into the kitchen to thank everyone. So good! The grand mariner soufflé is amazing. Book in advance.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Most of the tables are positioned closely together so unless you are lucky enough to book one that is not, then you are eating with your neighbours. Not my idea of a quiet dinner. We had a great table however, so no complaints there!

My hot artichoke starter was a joy and I have spent a little time in working out how to replicate it when I am home! My baked wild sea bass was equally as delicious as was my husband's lamb main.

We opted out of desserts, but the hot soufflés that were emerging from the kitchen for other diners, looked DEE-VINE!

The service was fun, friendly and super efficient and I recommend L'Affable whole heartedly. But booking is recommend in high season.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great menu, a bit less casual. The wine list is average; for appetizers, the foie gras good (but not great) and the tempura was quite good; the lamb was very good, the fish in cream sauce was ok, a bit bitter to me, but my fiance liked it. It was a very pleasant experience, but more polite than warm.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Really delicious tempura shrimps, tasty lamb, highly impressive desserts. The only minor glitch was the frequency at which the waiters were filling up the wine glasses; admittedly it was a busy evening, but it did seem like every once in a while we just did not exist for them. But you can do worse in Cannes. The price level of the set menu is also worth mentioning: it's rather moderate on Cannes standards.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

L'Affable is a warm, well appointed restaurant, centrally-located on a side street away from the hubub of Cannes' star-studded croisette...two steps away...and we return every time in Cannes for the delicious cuisine, regularly good, all the staff are friendly, informed and discreet...the lunch formula is one of the best-kept secrets in town, quality for price, and the dinner is a tad more elaborate, also very good quality for the price....either a la carte or formula, save room for the desserts which have become their signature specialty....of course especially the Grand Marnier Souffle....amazing how there is always room for it here following the starter and main course. Bon Appetite...