“Great little Italian restaurant.”

Xavier La Pizzaiola
Ranked #84 of 833 Restaurants in Cannes
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Great little Italian restaurant.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Located near the top end of Cannes by the Gambetta Market. Wood burning oven producing first rate pizzas. The menu is not restricted to pizza and pasta and I enjoyed moules marriniere and French fries, the quantity was sufficient for two, lots of fresh crusty bread, water and two glasses of quite palatable house red for 22 euros - pas mal in Cannes! The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is literally warm due to the open oven just what one needs on a cool winter's day on the Cote.

• Visited February 2013

Rochester, Minnesota
“Great pizza, service & ambiance!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I always say that the best food is outside of Paris and this restaurant proves my point. The pizza maker is an artist and each pizza from the wood fired oven was perfect including my "quatre saison". How thin can a crust be? The plates are large and so are the entrees. Don't pass up dessert either, the crème brûlé was sumptuous. Enjoying this with a bottle of local red wine took me over the top! Stay at the Hotel Appia just around the corner for the best room for the $.

Warsaw, Poland
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I’ve been to Cannes many times and every time I went I chose one of the restaurants with seafood, which btw are excellent. This time I just wanted to have a decent pizza. So I searched the web and found this place. What can I say... I just love it! Pizza was excellent, perfectly thin and crispy and the taste.... heavenly. With a bottle of chilled Chardonney, I couldn’t have imagined a better dinner! Pizza – perfect, location – perfect (for those who stay in the tourist part of the town i.e. La Croisette, rue d’Antibes etc.), service – perfect and handsome ;) The place is popular with locals, so if you want to go there during typical French dinner time (after 8 PM) you may have a problem getting a table. So either make a reservation on the phone or simply make it before 8 :)

SW USA
“Good and inexpensive pizza”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went to "La Pizzaiola, Chez Xavier" today for lunch. Did not read the reviews first, just found it on our wanderings of the city of Cannes. We had the Sicilienne pizza (tomatoes, anchovies, capers, no cheese) for 8.50 euros and the Fermiere (12.50 euros) which had both mozzarella and goat cheese, ham, tomato sauce. See pic. The later was better but both were good. The pizza maker makes them right in front of the front window (see pic) and he works hard, using a brick oven. There is no house wine, but in asking we received a tasty half bottle of Bailly Provence red (9.90 euros). Was offered water also which is usually something we have to ask for. Had 2 coffees for 3.80 euros.
Restrooms tiny but clean (on the first floor in the back). Service very good. The restaurant filled up a few minutes after we sat down with what sounded like locals. They had two tables outside, more tables on the first and second floors. We ate up in the balcony up some steps, very cozy. Decor is movie stars meet pizza, see pic. Would definitely eat here again.

Barcelona, Spain
“cute ambience”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

we were searching for a good pizza while in cannes. and here we found it. with a bottle of chianti there pizza made for a very satisfying dinner. the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. we sat upstairs in a little alcove facing the street, absolutely cute! our waiter had to duck in order to serve our food. it was romantic to say the least. the food was very good and we will be back for seconds. but this time we ask for a little less mozzarella on the pizza, everything else was perfect.
good value and nice people what more do you want?