“Recommended to us by a local shop keeper”
Review of BELLA STORIA

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2016

My daughter and I were in Cannes for the day and had hoped to return to our favorite restaurant for lunch. When we got there, the owners were locking the door to go away for a week.Hungry and extremely disappointed, we walked around until we found a shop owner who recommended Bella Storia for lunch because that is where she likes to eat. Now we know why she likes to eat there! The food is delicious! I had veal parmesan with a side of spaghetti which was all handmade. My daughter had penne with rocket pesto. There wasn't a crumb left on our plates at the end of the meal. The service was attentive but not overly friendly. The prices are reasonable. They have a very nice menu!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank LINDA33928
Write a reviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed July 12, 2016

Saw the good reviews so made a decision to book a few days in advance. We got to their on time as the male waiter showed us a table outside, which was close to an alley way and bar next door. I requested one inside. He said sorry they are all booked. I told him I had made a reservation, he then said so have these other people. I showed him I had booked 2 days ago. He then showed me a table at the back, I said no at the front. This went on for a while, I was close to walking out especially with his cigarette breath, that stank. Eventually we got the table I wanted and was told it was reserved. We sat and ate for 2 hours, did anyone else come....NO. It's all about having u sit out front to make the place look busy. An old trick as u know. It's a shame as the food was pretty good especially if u have the 30 Euro meal deal. But none of the 6 of us will be going back due to the rudeness of this one male waiter. We had spend over 250 euros for the 6 of us and do most nights when we stay in Sth France for the whole summer. Shame Bella Storia won't get any benefit from our group again. If the waiter is not the owner, I suggest the owner finds a replacement as its cost them a good customer are probably more once they ad this.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank CharlesB630
Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

Bella Storia is a cute restaurant with a delicious menu and reasonably priced entrees. We had the duck stuffed ravioli and the veal Milanese, both delicious! I highly recommend you stop by during your trip to Cannes!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 4, 2016

We were staying in Cannes for one week and after three nights, we discovered this amazing restaurant and ate there every night for the rest of our stay..... It was that good. Consistently good dishes that were fresh and presented with care also attention to detail. The service was superb and we were given a complimentary glass of champagne. The atmosphere was friendly and relaxed and the bathroom facilities luxurious and clean. Back to the food which speaks for itself, the chicken, risotto, seabass and burger were amazing.

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank lasfargeas2016
Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

Wandering aimlessly with the app looking for food when bella appeared. Goat cheese salad and duck ravioli were pretty good. Did not feel special but food was nice

Date of visit: May 2016