“Delicious Food and Good Service”
Review of Gaston Gastounette

Gaston Gastounette
Ranked #132 of 907 Restaurants in Cannes
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Try the seafood and the duck, as well as the ravioli. The cuisine is among the best in Cannes and it is worth the price.
It is important to reserve, and you can either eat on the terrace or inside, but downstairs is much nicer.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Our family eat lunch here. I love this restaurant decorations. Very European very elegant. We ordered Mediterranean food. They are almost seafood. Everything is delicious! We all satisfied.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

The problem of this restaurant is not that it is bad, but that the quality is totally unpredictable and unfortunately the staff is as arrogant as a French staff can be, when they don't need you to come back. We had a dinner there. The positive things: a very good burrata with tomatoes, decent steak with sauce bearnaise and good sea bass filet with white truffle sauce. All of these meals were pretty good, not overwhelming, but decent.

The negative things: a good carpaccio of tuna coupled with uneatable "semi cooked tuna". The meat was so badly cut (stiff) that I did not even dare to try it. You could not cut it with the knife. When I complained to the waiter, his reply was: "It is as it should be sir, it is half raw". No apology, not a slightest try to replace it and full price of the meal on the final bill. Needless to say, that I have eaten tons of excellent tuna in Japan, US and Europe and have quite a good idea, how it should look and my French is good enough to say clearly what is wrong.

The risotto with mushrooms was ok, but it had no flavour or taste at all. We were not offered the usual "carafe d'eau", that EVERY restaurant should offer you. Instead, we had to pay for every bottle of Evian. Nobody asked us, if we liked the food. The only question after each meal was "finished?" That was it.

If you can, please avoid this restaurant. I have experienced worse than this, but the extent to which they show, how little they care, is for me unforgivable. The worst evening on Cote d'Azure, never to repeat.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

ignore any bad review - this place is fantastic! such lovely service, great fixed menu for 40 euros for 3 courses, greta value (don't eat for at least 5 hrs before this meal because there is a lot of food to get through]. We regretted not eating at this restaurant again the next night as we went to the old town and ate at Suquet Premiere which was a horrible experience, waiters ripping us off, serving bread that had already been bitten into, dirty glasses, waiter rushing us etc.

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Great menu; it was the first time I had tried oysters. I had that followed by duck. I will come here again.