“Oysters”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Great Oysters and french bread, white wine and reception I appreciate it!I recommend to people are travelling in Cannes and wanna taste a seafood restaurant Open all day!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Really pretty basic, seafood served in a gruff manner on plastic tables with wobbly chairs, absolutely no ambiance, and way overpriced. "try the special oysters!" at 5 euros each. Really, 3 times the standard price. Wine in plastic wine holders, turn the tables fast. Do yourself a favor, sit in a proper seafood restaurant where for less cost you will get attentive service and a good meal. Try le pistou.

1  Thank traveltoomuchToronto
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My friend took us to this restaurant on Monday night but it was closed. However, we went again on Tuesday and tried the food. It is really fresh. Shrimp, mussels, sea bass, etc. are quite delicious.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

You like seafood especially oyster and don't care about interior- this place is for you. I ate some fish and tartar. Okey, but only if you're oyster fan

Reviewed September 18, 2013

While on business in Cannes, our customers recommended Astoux et Brun for a seafood dinner and four colleagues and I were not disappointed. The offerings were fresh and plentiful - the menu provided almost too many options plus there are daily specials. Three of our group opted for the prix fixe option (popular in Cannes) which included three courses. I went with a salad and a dish of spot prawns & fresh root vegetables with seafood bisque. The salad was a huge portion of mesclun greens, which was only OK - the dressing lacked flavor, but the greens were very fresh. There were three very large, fresh & tender prawns which tasted delicious with the veggies & bisque - and lots of crusty French bread for sopping! My colleagues meals selections included first courses of fresh large shrimp & oysters and a salmon tartare, which they all enjoyed. The main course everyone selected was fresh sea bass, which smelled heavenly and everyone said was delicious. We also enjoyed a couple bottles of hearty, red wine from Provence and for dessert, a flaky, not-too-sweet fresh apple tart with salted caramel ice cream. Our server, Dominique was friendly and funny - trying patiently to teach me some French phrases and insisting that I send him a postcard from Seattle. Some reviewers complained of cramped seating, but we found the seating comfortable, the atmosphere friendly, good service and delicious food at a great value under 40€ apiece for the food plus 40€ for the wine.