“Memorable $ cravable”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We never miss a visit to Astoux and Brun when we are in Cannes. We always order the same thing, La soupe de poisson, fish soup, which is just deliciously briny and sweet at the same time, with it's golden croutons smothered in rouille, a delightful safran and garlic mayonnaise. For our main couse, my companion and I share the Plateau de fruits de mer royal, an assortment of raw oysters, sea snails, shrimp, prawns, clams, crab, langoustines and lobster. A bit expensive but absolutely worth it. Wash all that with a delicious rose de Provence and you are all set. The desserts are scrumptious as well. the service if not warm friendly and efficient. We never had to wait. Memorable and cravable!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,535)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

They have the best seafood ever. They even have their seafood shop, where you can find fresh fish. Try plateau, fish soup, seafood pasta and also some of the daily dessert are really good.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been going to the Cannes area for the last 10 years. On most trips we would not miss the visit to Astoux et Brun. Fast, busy and always full with excellent, very very fresh seafood. My youngest, 4 at the time experienced her first oyster at Astoux and always wants to return to eat the cockles prior to our standard Plateau de fruits de mer.
It is always memorable and the staff are friendly and helpful to an English man destroying their language when ordering.
We have recommended this place to numerous friends and we will continue going whilst on our trips to the French Riveria.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Astoux close to 10 times, over the past 7 years, meaning that my opinion has not been formed over one lucky or unlucky evening. So here goes my review: excellent seafood, fresh and generous quantities. I also really enjoy the service. Fast, competent and not trying to push you out to get the next customers in (despite many queuing at the entrance of the restaurant).
I also like their tables, with painted tiles depicting fishes, urchins, sea stars etc...
A word of caution : do not go there if you are looking for a quiet place though. The place is lively, noisy and that is part of the attraction.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The place is full of both locals and tourists for good reason- the seafood is fresh, dishes are delicious and the value (for Cannes) is good. The servers are friendly and patient with those who do not speak French. They do not take reservations but we didn't wait either if the 2 times we dined there. It was a memorable dining experience!!