“Horrible service: 2h waiting for the main dish”

Restaurant La Bourride
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

It is too expensive for what you eat and there is lack of respect is the service.

The owner told us that some days is like and that all customers came at 13:30 to justify the 2 hours waiting.
Another waiter, more transparent, gave us some explanation about lack of personnel.

Overall the price does not make sense. This restaurant lives from its past reputation.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank guillermot159

Reviewed January 10, 2019

Overlooking the sea with outside terrace. There is a fixed price menu, but with supplements. Two of us had lobster, which was good, but not generous and the sauce was intense but flavoursome. The desserts were delightful, particularly the crepe Suzette soufflé. Struggled to find a reasonably price wine, but the rose we chose was not disappointing. It’s a good stopping off place, being the last town before the airport. Pleasant promenade to stroll along with numerous bars and restaurants. Bill for two came to 107 euro for 2 courses and half a bottle of wine.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Elaine W
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I was there invited by a friend and other persons. We were several at the table ordering foie gras, but it seems I was the unlucky one getting the start of the block. Not only I got a much smaller portion than the others, but pieces of the plastic wrapping that served for cooking were embedded in the slices, and because the diameter was smaller it was overcooked. I tasted a small piece found plastic and left the plate untouched?. But they did not propose to change it. The rest of the meal was acceptable but not what I would expect for the price on the menu.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank markusflemming
Reviewed September 9, 2017

We wer stranded by a rain storm while cycling, so my husband proposed to go pick up the car while my son and I waited ina sheltered place. We walked to the restaurant where we had already been in the past. I walked in and asked the waiter if we could sit and wait while having coffee and maybe dessert as we had already had lunch. The restaurant was empty except for two tables. The waiter said no, we are not a brasserie and you need to leave. I was so in shock I said let me talk to the manager. The waiter, wearing no tie and no jacket claimed to be the manager. So I said as you are the manager deal with it I am staying here until my husband comes. He later sent the junior waiter who dared say to me to walk out in the rain and reach a bar 200 mts away. I asked if he would lend me an umbrella and he said no! So we spent 45 chilling minutes in a corridor standing up with cross winds and nobody neither the very professional and human waiters nor any of the clients proposed to sit down or have something to drink. I am going to report this to the owners and will copy the guide michelin as they expose their logo outside their sad place. Shame on you!

Date of visit: September 2017
5  Thank danielaI2591QJ
Reviewed June 20, 2017

The restaurant is located in a small port of Cagnes-sur-Mer, offering a magnificent view of the French Riviera. You can refresh yourself indoors, on the terrace or in the courtyard. It is worth ordering salad from Breton lobster, home-made foie gras, local grilled fish, burrida (soup with garlic sauce) with cream broth, lobsters straight from the aquarium and various exquisite desserts.

Date of visit: June 2017