This converted chateau hotel is oozing with character: from the drive through the extremely narrow streets to get to the hotel (warning make sure you have a small car), to the twisty staircases and small corridors to explore, to the stunning woodbeams and amazing view from the room; my wife and I were charmed by this place from the moment we arrived.
The hotel has an excellent restaurant where we dined for dinner and breakfast. The food was excellent quality, as was the wine. The head waiter is a friendly chap who went above and beyond e.g. when we ordered a bottle of red wine, he brought us one three years older because he said it was a better vintage (and it was excellent).
The local village is equally charming - we enjoyed an evening stroll around the narrow cobble stone streets and were relieved / surprised at how few tourists there were (especially compared to nearby St Paul de Vance). The only downside we could site was the lack of somewhere to swim - I guess this is why the village wasn't bustling tourists, with most preferring to be by the sea or at a hotel with a pool. In our case, the hotel was perfect for a one night treat, but it might not be ideal for a full summer vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into a true French Fairytale, by entering the doors to this magnificent and romantic Castle from the 13th century, situated on the French Riviera overlooking the Mediterranean Sea...Enjoy staying in one of our 26 rooms and suites uniquely decorated rooms with local antiques and if you love reading why not relax, read or play chess in our cozy library, where you will find a cannonball from the Waterloo battle beneath the portrait of Napoleon, made when he sat in the prison in Nice. For breakfast indulge in our home made specialties and local produce, whilst enjoying the extraordinary view. Explore and go on a guided tour around the village on its medieval cobbled streets… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Chateau Le Cagnard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cagnard Hotel Cagnes-Sur-Mer
- Le Cagnard Cagnes Sur Mer