“Wonderful hosts and ambiance!!”
Review of Cafe Brun

Cafe Brun
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Biot
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Cafe Brun, in institution in Biot since 1987 and owned by the same family since 1991, welcomes you all year round. Discover the cosy atmosphere of our pub-restaurant; with a log fire in the winter and our sunny terrace the rest of the year. A good selection of beers to be tried in a relaxed and friendly environment; our dishes are cook to order but even in high season when it can get very busy they are well worth the wait! A bientôt !!
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have just finished having lunch at Cafe Brun, the 3rd consecutive year we have sought out this gem of a restaurant in Biot, a medieval town in the hills above Antibes. Hosts Serge and Shaena, who are thoroughly engaging, serve good well-presented dishes in a cozy atmosphere warmed by a wood fireplace whenever necessary. Although there is something on the menu for every taste, we have only eaten our favourite - the Brun burger with chips. If you're looking for a place to relax and enjoy a simple meal and drink, look no further.

Ann & Craig, Amanda & Alan
Whitby, Ontario, Canada

1  Thank Craig J

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We've eaten many times in Cafe Brun and have always enjoyed the calm welcome atmosphere, great food and it's a great place evening drinks. Just of the start of the pedestrian area, this is one of our all time favourate places for a quiet meal and drinks in the evening. The owners always make us feel very welcome.

3  Thank Tom F
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Café Brun is a sweet little pub, tucked away from the main street in Biot village. It has a lovely atmosphere, with a log fire, friendly punters, and as my husband would put it, 'proper beer' on tap. The charming owners, Serge and Shaena, have created the feel of a proper English pub on the French Riviera, which provides a warming reminder of Blighty for us expats who have moved away.

We very much enjoy going there for some drinks, but after having had a few meals there, I don't think we will be rushing to eat there again soon. The food is pretty average, and actually not very well-priced either. The menu is quite strange, with things like fruit curry featuring on it. The steak is fine, but for the same money, you could eat elsewhere with a better selection of good food to choose from.

What I'd like to see from this lovely little place is a menu that encompases proper pub grub done well, and not expensively - gourmet burgers, fish and chips, steak and ale pie, scampi etc. After all if you're going to be a British pub in France, having these dishes is a necessity!

If the food was better, I am sure we would spend a lot more time in this lovely little place.

3  Thank seecs
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've been a semi-irregular at Cafe Brun for years... and every time I return, I remind myself to find my way back more often.
The ambiance is the big draw for me - it's as comfortable and unpretentious as a favourite pair of jeans.
More than anyplace else I know in the area, Cafe Brun effortlessly embraces an eclectic mix of locals, ex-pats, tourists, singles, co-workers, families, couples... Anyone will feel comfortable here.
You can stop for a quick drink, or settle-in for the day or night. The food, as others have noted, is good, simple, and reasonably priced. The proprietor, bar and waitstaff are friendly and accomodating.
So, best summed-up as friendly and comfortable with a fun mix of a crowd - a great place to hang out and meet people from far and near. Stop by - you'll be welcomed.

2  Thank Deterministic
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My experience in cafe brun has been a very good one .my cousin an I have traveled to the south of France for many years naw .We stumbled across cafe Brun a few years ago and naw its thehiglight of our holiday the friendly family ran place is a great place to relax and watch the world go by .The food is great and so is the service carnt wait to go back next year.Dave+Paul.Liverpool

2  Thank phady