La Reserve de Beaulieu, Hotel & Spa
Inter Hotel Frisia(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)
$121
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Hotel Le Havre Bleu(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)(Great Value!)
$100
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

Hotel Comte De Nice(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)
$94
$91
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$150
ibis Styles
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Select(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)(Great Value!)
La Residence de la Reserve(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)
Hotel Riviera(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)
Agoda.com
Hotel Carlton Beaulieu(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hotel Residence Carlton(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Marcellin(Beaulieu-sur-Mer)
All reviewsla reservepool areaclub sandwichsouth of francegrand hotelspecial occasionworth every pennycap ferratdes roisworth the costattentive servicebeautiful roomthis wonderful hotelsuper yachtsfrench rivieraoff seasoncommon areas
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have spent four nights at this property on the occasion of our special-number wedding anniversary. Despite this has been mentioned while making our reservation, there was not even a bootle of wine, and/or even fruits neither at our arrival nor during our stay. I believe this is something important at this price level and hotel category. Noone needs or expects fireworks and probably many guests are staying for special occasions. But, this is a boutique hotel in the French Riviera.The staff was reasonably professional. Especially the concierge tries to recommend according to specific demands of guests. Rest of the team and particularly the reception staff, however, could not care less whether you are there or not. They make you feel as if you do not exist or else you have wrongfully checked-in in a highway starless hotel despite paying for a five star.
The rooms are classical, nice and clean. But I don't believe this is a plus, it needs to be considered as a must for this category.
We also had a dinner at the night of our anniversary at the restaurant of the hotel. Again no mentioning in anyway of our special occasion. The sommelier is truly wonderful though!
After our departure from this hotel, we have also stayed in La Pinede, St. Tropez, which belongs to the same group of hotels. That was a totally different experience; a true boutique five star to be recommended by all means. Considering they are the part of same group, the secret and difference must be the micromanagement and respect for clients.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cr0cus
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Room Tip: I booked this hotel as it was advertised at a good price. In hindsight may have been better off elsewhere. The rooms are clean, and the beds are very comfortable, but I never felt truly at home in this establishment. It may be the French manner, or just how I felt here but, despite staying in many 5 star hotels around the world, this one felt different. It just felt wrong. I felt from the beginning. They charge 30 euro for a plain breakfast a la carte, and don't get me started on room service. Was looking for a good deal on accommodation to see the Côte d'Azur and I suppose this is ok, but by no means is the place as fantastic as they would have you believe. There is NO beach, just a pool. Access to villefranche sur mer is about a 20 min walk, but once again felt like a second class citizen when I tried to find my way on foot! All in all an ok place but highly overrated with what feels like arrogant service. If looking for a resort with a good beach look elsewhere. If looking to getaway, depends what you are after. I would probably still look elsewhere. As a woman who booked the place, I am definitely made to feel inferior to my husband, whom all the communication seems to go through. All in all, relatively ok, but look elsewhere and book here only if you have to.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Deesh81
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Having recently stayed at this wonderful hotel we have no hesitation in saying put this on your
"Must visit list "
It's understated quality and outstanding staff make this one of the best hotels in Europe if not further afield that we have experienced.
We simply have no negative comments to make and enjoying breakfast or lunch on the terrace in September is a definate pinch yourself moment
We can't wait to return

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cowardy
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here in July and it was a mixed experience. Property is in a terrific location and is well maintained.

Pros:

Our room had a terrace with direct views of the sea and the courtyard, which we LOVED!! We enjoyed our vista everyday - different yachts floating in and out, people paddle boarding/kayaking, sun setting. Every evening we would sit on our terrace listening to the lovely live music (hotel employs a violinist and keyboardist) - we had a private live concert every night.

The pool has many chairs and the attendant we had, Michael, was attentive, friendly and booked our jet-ski excursion where we toured Eze and Monaco. One of the most memorable moments of our stay.

The concierges were the most helpful of all the staff we came in contact with. They were genuinely friendly and had good dinner suggestions.

Hotel was in a great walking location. We walked daily around town to buy exquisite French delicacies. There is also an 8-mile walking path around Cap Ferrat which we did and it was a terrific experience. We walked to Villefranche-Sur-Mer and enjoyed the different shops, restaurants and particularly liked walking through the historic fort.

Cons:

Our room was poorly designed - we had a lot of square footage but were constantly bumping the doors into each other.

We had free wi-fi throughout the hotel but it never worked! We had to sign in everyday and many days, multiple times a day. The wi-fi would stop often working mid-download or just not work - disappointing.

Hotel air conditioning was non-existent, except for our room which we always had blasting. Lobby/gym/bar/restaurant did not have any air conditioning or it was barely working. We were thankful that our room air conditioning was strong and quiet.

Gym was tiny - 4 cardio machines and almost no weights. It didn't open until 9AM.

We informed the hotel it was our wedding anniversary and usually we get a bottle of prosecco and/or a dessert - especially at this price point. But not here, we got "special" embroidered sheets that spelled out love - truly disappointing.

We never ate at the hotel because we found the surrounding restaurants (either in Beaulieu or Cap Ferrat) had great food and people watching with better prices.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank twosquares
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have visited La Reserve for 25 years and in all the many places we stay AT THIS PRICE LEVEL it is simply the best. The location is perfect right on the sea with views to die for. We had a little problem with our booking this time as a room I had booked to help with the dogs was not allocated to us, but very quickly and politely we were upgraded to one of the finest rooms in the hotel with a lovely terrace. The staff are very good indeed and the restaurant deserves to have 2 stars without doubt!! The food we had was the better than Le Bristol Epicure in Paris!! and a big Well done to Jean-Louis who has moved on from a sommelier role to being a wonderful Maître D' as well. The highlight of our trip to France !! Well done to you all

Room Tip: Take the most expensive you can afford room 4 being amazing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrDavid007
Estelle W, Directrice at La Reserve de Beaulieu, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Madaù, Dear Sir

We were very pleased for your compliments and thank you for appreciating our daily undertakings to satisfy our guests.

Our new Chef Romain Corbiere and our new Maître D Guillaume Anglade and entire staff members make every possible effort to regain the lost star and hope that our daily efforts will be rewarded.

Looking forward of welcoming you again soon