TripAdvisor

“Relaxing place”
Review of Anao Plage

Anao Plage
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Located at the Baie des Fourmis, about 300 mtrs from the Beaulieu-sur-Mer trainstation. Nice, relaxing place with nice staff and good food and atmosphere, also suitable for kids. For lunch I recommend to reserve as - during summer- and holidays- the beach guests also tend to eat here. Shower available.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (318)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

L’anao plage
Traveling to the south of France recently, my wife and I were recommended a quaint beach front restaurant in Beaulieu sur mer.
The location and surrounding were féerique and Paradisiaque, and like most establishments of that category a little pricey, but worth the splurge.
Our meal was great, well prepared, the service was good.
All dishes are “a la Carte” my wife ordered the Grilled Gambas, a huge type of prawns
Almost lobster size, absolutely delicious.
We decided after our meal to lounge around and grab two deck chair with mattress and umbrella facing the sea, very relaxing after a nice meal.
In retrospect at 19 euros per chair for half a day, a little over the top, but that the south of France, where billionaires vacationed.
An experience worth the expense.

Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

I really liked this place!! The beach itself is amazing, the food is good but the ice in the cake is the great service, unusual for France, where they seem not to like Americans visitors so much. Server (Anthony) spoken perfect English, very accommodative of my constant requests to move the umbrella, always checking if things were ok and made me feel comfortable and welcomed. I’d recommend this place and will be back!!!

Reviewed September 13, 2019

i'm staying in St Jean Cap Ferrat but the beaches and bars on the peninsula are not very special. The Anao Place however is great. It's on the Beaulieu side of the peninsular and has a sandy beach. The staff are lovely.. very friendly and smart. As a single older female traveller I am sometimes overlooked in these trendy places but i found the staff charming and nothing was too much trouble. The food is excellent with beautifully set tables just back from the sun loungers .

Reviewed September 9, 2019

The food wasn't actually too bad at this trendy beach-side joint, but the service was simply appalling... and downright rude. I was the host and what was particularly upsetting is that my principal guests (locals) had recommended this place for me to take them to. The waiter actually told us that if we didn't like the service we could try elsewhere. We complained to the manager which only had the effect of his making the waiter return to our table with a forced and clearly insincere apology. Our visit to the Anao Plage will never happen again and I recommend other Trip Advisor guests to steer clear, too.

Date of visit: August 2019