“Great little place”

Chez Giorgio
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I love this little restaurant, a pleasure to watch and talk to the family and see it all in front of you, food always good and would highly recommended for something a different dining experience, be sure to book as is very small.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I agree with other reviewers about the very good quality of the steaks (but not outstanding), and the warmth and hospitality of the owners. We were pleased with the food when we ate here as a family in autumn. It wasn't the best steak we have ever had, nor the best pizza, but definitely among the best in South of France. I think if you're after a hearty meal, you will not be disappointed here.

Two things bothered me during our dinner here. The less important was that - on a cold late October night - the restaurant was quite hot and a somewhat uncomfortable in that respect.

But he other - more important - grievance is that the half-bottle of red wine that we had ordered was delivered to the table already opened, and the label looked suspiciously faded/worn. I noticed that another couple who had ordered a half-bottle of wine, also received their bottle already opened, delivered from somewhere in the back of the restaurant. This is plainly wrong, and you can't blame the customer for thinking that the wine had been funnelled into empty bottles from another source. I may be wrong, but it certainly is the impression. Why not just open the bottles at the table, or show you the unopened bottle before uncorking it, as all restaurants traditionally (and for a good reason) do ?!

I am sorry that I haven't been able to give this establishment a higher rating for this reason.

1  Thank Londonmammoth2
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I went on a day excursion to Antibes. Based on the reviews, we had identified this small restaurant ahead of time as a place for lunch. We found it and walked by before going sight seeing. It's on a little side street and we thought we wanted to be more in the center, so we did not think we would be eating here. We did our thing and did not find another restaurant. Walking back to our car we passed the restaurant again and decided to go in - we were hungry. We were the only ones there, with the exception of a couple of people getting take out pizzas. We are so glad we decided to go in. The husband and wife who own this restaurant are so warm and hospitable. And the food is delicious. The salad, the bread they make right there, delicious pizza and steak. All wonderful! The leftovers we took with us were just as good. Lunch or dinner, if you are there, just go in. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

small restaurant, almost like a cellar room with woodburning oven. Steak really good tasting as well as the garlic potatoes made in the wood oven.Nice athmosphere , a bit too hot inside due to small area and big oven. Nice experience

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The whole experience was like going to someone's house for dinner. The couple who run the restaurant are really friendly. Would definitely recommend the steak. It is def an experience to see your food being cooked to perfection on the wood oven. If you are going to Antibes, don't miss out on this restaurant.