“Terrible Terrible Terrible”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Bad service, awful food and boxed wine that tastes like vinegar.
Excellent location and so much a tourist trap. Not much more to say except go spend your money at the panini shop down the road.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was here in the company of my wife and some of her relatives.
While the other people enjoyed their "moules frites" and pasta, my entrecôte really tasted like nothing. Also, I could not eat the side salad because they had added lots of vinegar, which I didn't ask for.
But the big problem, for me, was that it was really freezing inside. My seat was in an unlucky and drafty position, but then I saw that several other clients were eating with their jackets on, which is ridiculous. We were indoors and it was a mild November day. This places should really stop saving money on the heating.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Like many of the reviewers below we stopped here becuse of the location but were disappointed in the service. The waiter was rude and service was bad with my wife's main arriving at the same time as my soup. The food was not bad but the bread was mediocre and had become crusty from sitting out for a while. There were plenty of other busy places within a few minutes walk that we will try in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Poor food, rude staff and overpriced drinks,please do not go if you have any standards at all, lots of lovely places in Antibes............ We found out later

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice meal in the square where we could enjoy ourselves while soaking up the atmosphere of the Old Town when we came here.
We were promptly sat on a lovely table which accomodated for the pushchair we had with us, and orders were quickly taken.
Wine was lovely, and soon the live music in the square started.
However, it was when the calamari starter arrived that things started to go downhill. We don't live near the coast so assumed this dish would be nicer than ones served at home. However, calamari was overcooked and batter was verging on burned. It also didn't seem the freshest dish. For the first time for either of us, we sent it back and waited for our mains. Next, and it could well have been a translation issue, we were presented with a new, slightly better dish of calamari. We explained we didn't want starters any more and were quite rudely told 'this one is nice!'.
Having ordered the most expensive thing on the menu I expect a bit more courtesy than this.
Mains arrived and my beef fillet and goose liver was very nice (although I forgot how undercooked the french like it - idiot), as were my girlfriends mussels, although a few too many were empty.
Overall a lovely evening but I can't help but think that this was more down to location and atmosphere rather than where we ate. With so much choice locally, I wouldn't go back.