“Quelle Rip Off”
Review of Les Pecheurs

Les Pecheurs
Ranked #156 of 644 Restaurants in Antibes
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Diner, French, European
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quelle Rip Off”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family and I had the unfortunate experience of trying this 'fine dining" experience as a recommendation from our hotel. The setting was beautiful, and the food okay. However, the waiter while seemingly friendly, "volunteered" to grill our fish thereby using the whole fish which resulted in an entrée price of over $100 US per person. Admittedly, I suppose we could have asked the price due to the per kg pricing methodology, but I felt like in a restaurant of this quality, it wasn't something you would have to worry about. When questioned about it, we received a shrug of the shoulders which to me indicates how much they care about their customers. Business wise, over-charging the tourists seems like a short sighted strategy. While we will go back to the area, our experience was "one and done" for this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank David B
Franck F, Directeur général at Les Pecheurs, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear David B,
First of all, many thanks for your comments further to you dinner within our restaurant and its wonderfull view. Regarding the amount, it is clearly indicated on the carte : €14 per 100 grammes. As the weight of the fish presented to you was 1kg700 the full rate per person was €79,33 as the 4th person of your family took an other dish. which was the explanation of the maitre d hôtel.
I will share with our chef & F&B manager your comment; Best regards, Franck Farneti

Flekkefjord, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New chef same good experience”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were excited to eat in the Les Pecheurs again after the change of chef from last year. The stylish decor, the quiet athmosphere as well as the highly dedicated staff is very much intact. As to the menu there are not so much changed, but knowing that chef Philippe Jego was coming from the steakhouse Le Nacional in Antibes was not surprised to find Angus beef on the menu. Fish and seafood is still the core of the menu. The Wine list is good and naturally dominated by french titles, perhaps abit pricy. We decided on a 2000 Dom Leflaive Puligny Montrachet Les Combettes - a fantastic wine to accompagny a wonderful asparagus and pancheta with parmegano starter followed by grilled turbot with zucchini. For dessert we shared a chocolate soufflet - light and airy just the way it should be. All in all another very good review on this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Franck F, Directeur général at Les Pecheurs, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Mr Jerstad
Many thanks for your comments further to your last experience within LES PECHEURS. Many thanks for your loyalty too & we are all waiting to welcome you back soon to discover our new carte.
Best regards, Franck Farneti
Woodnewton, United Kingdom
“Don't do the package deal menu.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is an extract from my review of the hotel where we stayed on the so called discovery package deal which included a 3 course meal in this restaurant, including a glass of wine per course. The wine waiter's choices to go with our courses were excellent (if a little predictable - but I am not going to argue with Sancerre or Gevrey Chambertin). The food was also pretty interesting but a bit contrived and having summer truffle in both a starter and a dessert on such a short menu seems like bad planning to me.
The biggest disappointment of the meal was the cheese course which was one of the poorest I have ever experienced in France. It was as if they had just popped down to Carrefour and got a few non-descript fromages out of the chiller cabinet and thrown them on a fancy plate. I have had better cheese courses on 20EUR menus. Rubbish - and we did mention it at the time. Not sure if we got a glass each of dessert wine (very nice) as compensation for the complaint - but as our package deal was 3 courses and a wine per course I think we were due these anyway.
The general feeling was that the restaurant staff were more interested in the guests on the full a la carte menu to whom they could probably sell some far more valuable wines. This may have been born out by the fact that we were offered a rose champagne aperitif which appeared on the bill the following day at 25EUR per glass - which I think is taking the mickey and I live in Zurich.

Maybe you will have more luck if you go full a la carte.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Grant N
prague
“Poshy/very pricey. Medium food. Rude staff.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

For a €570 bill one may expect s/t better than 40 minutes waiting for the ordered coffee – arriving after 2 reminders. When I asked for a milk one guy ignored the question completely even after telling straight that the coffee took the way too long.
I’ve got a bill without asking for one – first time ever it happened to me (a nice teaser that I need to wrap-up with the dinner?).
Food was OK, but far from impressive. The veal and potatoes were dry and sauce close to non-existent. Cod was jucier, yet still average. No pepper on the table.
The departure was also confusing – taxi arrived but not for us; nobody asked whether I was satisfied with the dinner and greetings were so formal.
And yes, the atmosphere is poshy – if it’s a single criterion - then the place is great.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ivanko
Franck F, Directeur général at Les Pecheurs, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Ivanko,
I would like to thank your for sharing your review of your experience with us.I will share with our food and beverage manager your comments. Even if I understand you were not happy, I wish you would come back so you could see that your experience was neither the standard nor the service that we are pride of.
London
“Service - with a grimace”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Had to write this review after really unpleasant experience here. Have been going to the area for many years but never had the (dis)pleasure of Les Pecheurs before.
My wife and sister in law found it when out for a walk and called us to say having tea there...when my wife asked for mint tea using the french 'thé menthe' they claimed to have no understsnding of what she meant.

Some time after my brother and I arrived at the main hotel entrance and walked in to ask where the reataurant was 'down the stairs at right' was the brusque french reply - except there are no stairs, just a ramp down to car park and hidden entrance.

Anyway we found it eventually and we were ready to move on as we had to get back to freshen up before a diner booking. My wife had asked for the bill some 10 minutes before but, depsite there not being many customers, this had not materialised.

After short further wait I approached the desk and asked for l'addition. The man at cash register looked at me as if I was something nasty he wanted to scrape of off his shoe and asked where we had been sitting. I pointed out the table and our wives still sitting thre but he then muttered about no idea which table we were or where bill was and then involved others who also couldn't grasp basic facts (i.e its the table where the women are waving from). When I started getting fed up and said in french look if you cannot find the bill we are happy to just leave they suddenly found powers of comprehension and begrudgingly gave us the bill.

Incidentally we were all appropriately dressed for time of day (men in smart shorts, short sleeved shirt and tennis shoes, ladies in summer dresses) not that that should matter...

So I agree with Alison and others below: go here for appaling service attitude but otherwise steer well clear

• Visited July 2013