“Charming, safe, welcoming hotel in the heart of Antibes” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Relais du postillon

Le Relais du postillon
Ranked #39 of 85 Hotels in Antibes
Canada
“Charming, safe, welcoming hotel in the heart of Antibes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I shared a small double room for two nights and it was wonderful. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean, well maintained and charming. I would definitely stay here again.

The walls are a bit thin, so if you're a light sleeper and you have a noisy neighbour then you might not be happy. Also, rooms at the back face a primary or nursery school, so if you're staying during term time be prepared for a lively wake up call.

We skipped the €8 breakfast and had pastries and coffee in town. Also, hit the market and build your own picnic lunch to take to the beach!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Glitterhoof

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is an excellent base for exploring Antibes. Our. Room "nice" overlooked the square, two large French windows,clean. Bathroom, big comfortable bed, nice bed linen and good pillows, tv, fan. Very friendly welcome, nice safe location. All positive so a good choice. We paid 111 euro per night. About right for what you get. Free WiFi. Close to bus station.

• Stayed September 2012
Scottish Highlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed in the Relais du Postillon with my two grown-up daughters in the height of the season. The hotel exceeded all expectations. If you want 5 star luxury and decor this is not the place for you. However, if you want 5 star service and friendliness then I suggest you book.
Perfect location for exploring Antibes... a town which has lots of character. Despite having a marina/port full of super yachts, the town has managed to keep an old fashioned 'quaintness' which isn't obvious in most of it's neighbours. The bars and restaurants have a great atmosphere and there is some really great food to be found. Ask Jonathan for recommendations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CarolineHighlands
Belmont, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Wonderful little hotel right near good restaurants and things to do and shops. Wonderful warm welcome from the start and very helpful in answering our questions. Close to supermarket and laundrymat. The square down the street has a great restaurant ..le cadance i think it was called with great service and they get really busy in the evenings so get there early. No ac in this little hotel but windows allow for los of air and the curtains will help with the sun. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Also despite the fact that most places are closed on mondays, i must say a lot was open when we were there but stores do close around 6 or 7pm.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are on top floor, only a very tiny elevator in hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nina H
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed at Relais du Postillon July 19 through July 24, 2012. I had two rooms: one for my two kids and one for my wife and I. Both rooms were excellent, comfortable and extremely reasonable in price. We all slept very well with no noise and fresh air. Leave the windows open and use the fans they provide in each room for very enjoyable sleep. Hotel is perfect location in old Antibes within seconds walking of all the shops, restaurants, and picaresque warrens of alleys and sites.

How to describe the owners? Husband and wife, friendly, caring, extra mile - none of these come close to describing these lovely people. I truly feel we made two new friends during our stay. I even invited them to come stay at our house on Cape Cod when they next visit USA. Let me give a quick list of some of the things they did for us.

Upon arrival in our rental car, they walked with me to the parking garage to help me arrange parking.

They gave us fresh beach towels each morning.

They did some laundry for me and left it folded in the room!

Immediate service at the bar for drinks and food day and night.

We sat together in evenings outside the front entry and chatted about life in Antibes V life in USA (Antibes lifestyle won hands down!)

They guided us to the bus, train, good restaurants, and all sites in the area.

Free Internet.

Mondays on Antibes many places close. Our hosts still helped us Monday and sat with us even though they should have been "off duty." I feel a little guilty since as we sat several other guests joined us and started asking for drinks, erc. even though the bar was closed. Owners jumped up and served all. Keep in mind the owners did not force themselves upon anyone. Those who wanted solitude had it and those who wanted socializing had it. The owners knew how to read each guest and treated them accordongly.

Our stay felt more like a stay with old friends than a stay at some random hotel in the South of France. When I invited them to come to our home it was the first time I made such an offer to people I had only known for five days. They are the type of people I would love to spend time with in any country.

Room Tip: Rooms in front have a view and some minor sounds of people at night. Rooms in back have no view but...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank dmcronin
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We recently stayed here with my sister and brother in law and my aged parents. Gregory and Emanuelle and the rest of the staff were charming and helpful and are doing a fantastic job at running this hotel. The rooms vary in size and price and we would recommend the more expensive rooms if the budget allows. However, all are comfortable and clean and our rooms had always been serviced by the time we returned from breakfast. We all enjoyed so much sitting outside having breakfast, which was more than adequate. The location is the best in Antibes....right in the heart of the town and a stones throw from restaurants and shops. It is a lovely town to stay in and we would return like a shot!

Room Tip: The larger rooms at the front (I think there was one of these on each floor) were more expensive but...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lizglass_11
Warragul, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in the Malte room on the 4th floor. Surprisingly large room with a balcony overlooking the square and children's playground. The view from the room was wonderful, we could sit up in bed and see the snow covered mountains, Fort Carre and the masts of the yachts in the distance. The ensuite bathroom was tiny, but nice and clean. We ate breakfast outside on the terrace and it was a great opportunity to meet the other guests. The hotel provided beach towels, beach mats and umbrellas if you wanted to go for a swim. We loved walking around old Antibes and the hotel was also very close to the train station and buses that we used to visit Juan le Pins and Cap D'Antibes. Very helpful and friendly staff. I can't believe this is only rated 2 stars, it deserves a few more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors overlooking the square so you get the view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple