“Sofisticated and absolutely beautiful!”

Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Antibes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I love this hotel. I have been staying at this hotel every summer of my life since I was 3 years old. That's 21 years of loyalty! The staff are lovely and consistent. Many have been there for years and have watched me and my brother grow up. I'll admit, it's REALLY pricey, but if you can afford to stay here, it is totally worth it because it is simply the best! The rooms are older, but there is also I newer wing, and the pool is fantastic, the food and spa are fantastic.. You can play tennis, go swimming in the pool, walk around the large and beautiful garden, and have an amazing ocean view! It's close to old antibes, and close to some night clubs as well. Very good place.. They deserve their 5 stars! :)

1  Thank Missd5146

Reviewed October 18, 2009

My wife and I had no plans to stay at this hotel; however, when its sister hotel Chateau de St Martin had a private event scheduled, that hotel asked us if we could move to the Hotel du Cap for one night. We agreed. We were expecting a snobby reception, but the hotel staff at the Hotel du Cap was very friendly and accomodating. They upgraded us to a lovely suite with a huge bathtub. Unfortunately we had no real chance to enjoy the property, but it seemed lovely. At least we had a chance to walk around the beautiful grounds. This is a legendary hotel with a well deserved reputation.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank norm5Seattle
Reviewed October 12, 2009

The grounds of Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc is simply breathtaking and serene. To wake up in the morning open your shutters to the beautiful gardens is waking up in heaven.

Our room was exceptional-clean and cozy with a spacious bathroom and best of all tons of closet space. I wish I could have transported those closets back home!!!

I was disappointed in a couple areas the main check-in staff was exceptional and very, very helpful and gracious. However, down at the pool and restaurant area if you want any type of service, even to request a pool chair you need to bring your wallet and make sure you're ready to tip and TIP BIG!

Secondly, for the money you're spending you would think the food would be extraordinary, but we found venturing outside the hotel to Old Antibes or Jean Les Pains had more to offer to satisfy the palate without bleeding your pocketbook dry. I actually couldn't wait to get to Italy to really eat!!!

I would recommend this hotel for the beauty and comfort. Oh, but WARNING do not reserve any of the ground level suites as those rooms have a musty damp odor-VERY UNPLEASANT.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank familytravel004
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Hotel du Cap is exceptional in every way. The rooms are gracious, well appointed and many have spectacular views. The grounds are park like and flowers are always in bloom. This is a property that one never wants to leave. The staff is exceptional, though this is a five star hotel and one might expect it to be stuffy, it is not. There is just the right amont of friendliness and professionalism. The restaurant sits on top of the sea and the evening sunsets are glorious. The spa is a little oasis and the treaments luscious. If money is no object and you are looking for a romantic get away this is for you.
Sometiomes the hotel books large parties so make sure to ask in advance so that your stay is quiet. The hotel is busy all summer and if you want the best experience go in Septembe when the glitterati have left.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc sits on on the ocean at the southern tip of the peninsula just south of Antibes. Given its steller location and impecable grounds it definitely is a great place for people who want to relax in peace and quiet however I think there are far less expensive yet equally nice alternatives. Given the cost of the room I concur with an earlier review that a mini bar would have been nice. I was also upset by the fact that I was unable to get onto the internet even though I spent several hours with management trying to connect into their Wi-Fi. In conclusion while the Hotel du Cap is very nice I don't feel the price is representative of the quality of the stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruno-Stella
Reviewed September 16, 2009

My friend and I had breakfast at, Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc... Wow! Beautiful, intoxicating, seamless and gracious, are the words that come to mind... friendly, also. I will never forget this place!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Forget what anyone negative has to say , this is the best Hotel in the world and the most beautiful! Undersated luxury , excellent service, magnificent pool, swimming , just awesome! Ended a trip to the south of france with a short stay here and I was not disapointed at all! If you love luxury and the best of everything you will loove it hear! But be prepared to spend!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Recovery007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antibes
Cap d'Antibes Beach Hotel
Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes
Hotel Royal-Riviera
Hotel Royal-Riviera
#1 of 8 in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

Been to Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc? Share your experiences!