“Could do better”

Cuisines: French
Munich, Germany
“Could do better”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Having had a craving for crepes during our visit to Antibes, we went around trying various creperies so it happened that one afternoon I stopped by this Creperie/Brasserie for a crepe. This restaurant is also hard to miss as it is strategically placed at the crossroads of Rue de la Republique and Rue Thuret, two very touristy streets in Antibes. I ordered a lemon crepe. The waiter was friendly and polite as was the one who brought me my order. The problem was with the crepe. When I cut a slice and tried to lift it onto my fork, it stuck to the plate and I had to scrape it off. In fact, I had to scrape off the whole crepe in bits to eat it. I couldn't decide if it was undercooked or if the lemon juice made the crepe stick badly. However, I had two other lemon crepes elsewhere (one of which next door) but they didn't stick. For a place that calls itself a creperie, this was a disaster. Due to this unfortunate experience, I never went back to try anything else so whether the other dishes are better, I will leave to others to comment upon.

• Visited June 2011