“Intriguing and tasty”

Ranked #6 of 673 Restaurants in Antibes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An original cuisine with flower, full of flavor. Gourmet menus or dietary changing weekly. Open every noon and thursday, friday and saturday nights. Closed sunday and monday.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Lovely food. Intriguing how flowers can play a part in a meal, though the taste value of flowers is questionable in the main (the rose ice cream a lovely twist). Very good food with reasonably priced formules on offer. We had a baby and he was more than welcome. Reasonably priced wine options a plus too.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is my 3rd visit, and whereas the 1st time I was enchanted by the novelty , the 2nd similarly so, this time I was really disappointed. No longer a novelty with all the flowers etc, the E29 is very limited - 2 starter choices including the flower salad which is I have to admit delicious. But as for the mains, again only 2 choices - 1 pork and 1 cod. Frankly pork is the cheapest meat and no decent restaurant should be offering it as their only alternative to fish on the menu. I had the cod in a strange coconut sauce which wasn't very good. My portion was very small (others in the restaurant had larger portions I noticed), the other person in my party also had the cod, some of which was inedible because it was raw. When this was pointed out, we were told it is normal as one doesn't want to overcook fish for it to remain moist. True, but it should be cooked through just the same. The deserts (again choice of 2) were quite good, but I don't go to a restaurant for the desert. The cheapest wine on the menu was E26 for a local rose. Very drinkable but a complete rip-off. The final straw was that since some of my party got lost, we ate an hour later than planned; I have an acidic stomach, and started getting a stomach ache due to the delay, so asked for some milk to calm my stomach before we ate. They charged E2.50 for providing the milk, and when questioned said they had to open milk specially for me (and also for anyone else having coffees etc). I have had this problem many times before all over the world, better and worse restaurants, and nobody ever charged for it. I think that was mean and money grubbing. Strange how a small think can make you re-evaluate the whole experience. An extra annoyance was that the chef went round during dinner talking to customers, always a thoughtful touch, but completely ignored my table. As we left, the chef shouted from the kitchen asking if we enjoyed our meal. The novelty has definitely worn off. I detected a smug arrogance perhaps due to the restaurant's success, that was not there before. At best this is not a restaurant to visit often due to it's flower novelty, but this time I shall not return.

3  Thank Josi S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Enchanting! Soft drapes and winding vines greet you as you walk into this fairytale restaurant. We chose from the fleurs menu and were not disappointed when we were served selection of edible flowers with salad and walnuts - absolutely delicious. Our mains, pork fillet, were good sized portions with more colourful edible flowers round the sides of the plates. Lovely friendly service. We hadn't made a reservation but were welcomed to our table immediately. Definitely worth a trip here just for the experience itself.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our second visit to this restaurant and my second review. We went with friends and it was full on a Friday evening.

The food is really lovely. Very unusual flavours and first class ingredients. The addition of edible flowers is really interesting. The atmosphere is just right - busy but not too noisy, and the service was efficient.

The set menus at 26, 29 or 38 euros were for three courses, and the house wine at 8.50 for a 50cl pichet was very drinkable.

Thoroughly recommend it for a special occasion and we'll definitely be back next time we are in Antibes.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ordered a chicken in pepper sauce. It came with extra bits in each corner of the square plate eg broccoli with almonds. There were lots of great things to taste and it looked very attractive too.
For dessert had molten chocolate pudding with salted caramel sauce - fantastic.
The restaurant is light and attractive with very good service. The chef came to say hello at the end of the meal.
Loved it!