“Great pizza”

Ranked #114 of 680 Restaurants in Antibes
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Excellent pizza, one the best I've had. The owner, Martine was lovely and very accommodating. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We ate twice at Pomodoro during a recent visit to Antibes. Both times excellent.

Excellent service, the FRENCH owner (NOT New Zealand or Australian as some reviews get wrong) is delightful. And no she is not married to the chef (in fact she finds that highly amusing!).

The house rose was very quaffable, and you can mix and match whatever toppings you want on your pizza.

Really thin bases are great.

A must try place in Antibes.

2  Thank Darky9999
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Outstanding pizza in a quirky little place in a side street off the main tourist area in Antibes. As the name suggests, the place has a tomato theme with various hand drawn pictures on the walls from previous guests. Went as a family and had a really good time. Locals clearly frequent the place due to the quality of the pizza. Very small and unpretentious, also does take away pizza. They speak English.

1  Thank Michael O
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our familiy of 4 has got a junior member who absolutely insisted we should go to have a Lasagna in Antibes- hence the visit to Pomodora, as it has an Italian cuisine. The place is a small, cozy and unpretentious place in a narrow back-alley of Antibes. Perfect if you are tired and need a break from the noise and other tourists at the French riviera.

We ordered 3 pizzas and a Lasagna, as well as soft-drinks. Our waitress was a native english-speaking woman, from the big flag at the entrance to the kitchen I would guess a New Zealander. She was polite, helpful and nice. We did not have to wait long before our meals arrived. The lasagna was not great- ok, but no culinary masterpiece. Did not look fresh.

The pizzas were much better. Very thin crusts- in fact they were a tad to thin for my taste, and I do think an electrical oven was used. Hence not crust-heaven for me. My pizza was the Quattro Stagioni. It was ok, but a bit bland and boring, with a too-sweat tomato sauce. My daugher got a fantastic pizza, with chorizo. That pizza was great- spicy and perfectly made. My wife had a pizza with some kind of prosciutto (ham). It was good, but also a tad bland.

Anyway, while the pizzas and food were not perfect- and this IS a problem with many of these glowing Tripadvisor reviews- they make you think this is extraordinary, the place was cozy, informal and with good pizzas. I would probably visit the place again if I were to go to Antibes again.

1  Thank CoolDuckie
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The ambiance and pizza certainly live upto the reviews we had read about. Our pizzas were lovely with a very thin crust and amazing toppings. Service was fantastic, friendly, polite and quick but not rushed, In fact we spent sometime chatting with the owners before we ordered our meal. I would definitely recommend the pomodoro also if you like somewhere away from the touristy streets.

1  Thank Richard E