“NICE CAMP, GOOD PRICE & LOCATION, FRIENDLY OWNERS”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antibes
Camping Douce France
Paris, France
“NICE CAMP, GOOD PRICE & LOCATION, FRIENDLY OWNERS”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I spent 7 months living at Camping Douce, near Antibes - from 2nd December 2012 until 30th June 2013. I had come to the area for work at Sophia Antipolis.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I first arrived there.
But I really enjoyed my stay - so much so - that I extended my stay on SEVERAL occasions
and only left because my work at Sophia Antipolis had come to an end. And then - only after
a further 2 Months after the work had ended. I was in no hurry to go anywhere else - so I
extended my stay.

Even though I myself was a little unsure of my actual date of departure (and I changed it a
few times) - the Owners always made sure that I could stay there for as long as I wanted.

The Owners and Management are lovely and couldn't do enough for me. They even gave
me an Apartment (at no extra Cost) for the final weeks of my stay.

The price for the accommodation is reasonable and affordable - especially, when compared
with other camp sites or apartments in the area.

The whole camp site is spotless, nicely designed and spacious and the Owners invested a lot
in new roads within the camp site earlier during the year.

The Mobile Homes are fully equipped and maintained to a very high standard.
Some even have Air Conditioning. Also, there are a few apartments on the grounds.
Before renting again, each accommodation is thoroughly cleaned and checked that all
is in good repair and good working order for the next occupants.

Internet (via WiFi) is available too ; as is a lovely, clean swimming pool - a big favourite with
the children.

The Camp is within a few minutes walk from the Mediterranean sea with its breathtaking views.

It is very close to Antibes and it is possible to travel by Bus all around the area (Nice, Antibes, Cannes) for just one Euro per journey.

Shopping for food is cheap - but go to Carrefour, Intermarché, Monoprix for the best prices.

The hard work that the Owners put in certainly pays off to make this site great.
All in all a lovely site, clean and great surroundings, friendly Owners who take the time and
have a word for everybody and go the extra mile to make sure that your stay is as enjoyable
as possible.

Everything about my experience there exceeded my expectations. I would recommend
Camping Douce to anyone and I can't praise it enough. I will definitely go back there again.

John F. (Ireland)

Room Tip: From about June until around September - a Mobile Home with Air Conditioning could be useful. Althou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank John F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were coming for 1 week in February (6 people), we have enjoyed the carnival of Nice. There was a pretty good ambiance especially for children. This campsite rent only mobilhome all over the year. Our was new and pretty big.
Antibes is good location to visit the french riviera.

We will certainly come back next year in summer !
John P.

Room Tip: if you come with your children, book the "OHARA" mobilhome with its 3 bedrooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John P
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Camping Douce were extremely helpful when organising our stay and I cannot fault their customer service at all. They have many excellent facilities for a very a reasonable price and they were always very willing to talk (in English!) to help make our stay as easy and as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JMS22201
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is a tiny family-run campsite. No pitches for tents but very reasonably priced mobile home rental.

Lots of the residents are fairly long term (workers as opposed to holiday makers). The accomodations are fine, and clean. They have everythng you need.

Joelle and Robert, the owners are laid back, friendly and helpful.

This is a quiet, tiny site. Just the ticket if you want to avoid the throngs at Camp du Pylone, or Logis de la Brague.

There is a small but VERY expensive supermarket at Camping de la Brague for essentials - alternatively, walk along the Route Nationale towards Antibes, and just after the Pont de la Brague, you will find Azurville, with a small parade of shops, including cashpoints, a boulangerie, a pharmacie, and a Casino supermarket, much more reasonably priced.

The pool at the site is excellent (but small) as well. The site is great for those on a budget and wanting to explore this art of the Cote D'Azur - it's secure, safe, only 5 minutes walk to Biot train station and the beach.

Highly recommended - although be aware a 100 Euro security deposit is payable upon arrival!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a more expensive mobilhome - they may well have one available as they keep the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Christian P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antibes
Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa
Ibis Styles Antibes
#14 of 86 in Antibes
Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Port Prestige
Inter-Hotel Residence Sea Side Park
Inter-Hotel Residence Sea Side P...
#6 of 14 in Villeneuve-Loubet

Been to Camping Douce France? Share your experiences!