“Great Staff, Great Location. Thanks Hotel Royal”

Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Antibes
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have recently returned from 3 wonderful days stay in Hotel Royal. I had booked the vacation as a surprise 15 year wedding anniversary for my wife and I had booked one of the Cap Antibes suites with a sea view. I had informed the hotel of my intentions and had requested if possible a nice room with a good sea view. Let me first state that I am a regular traveller with my work and for me its nearly always the people that make the difference. From the moment we arrived in Nice airport to our departure from the hotel the experience completely exceeded my expectations and I must fully commend the hotel and their staff for this. We had organised a collection through the hotel. Our driver was very courteous and informative and provided many tips for our weekend stay. On arrival to the hotel we were informed that we had been upgraded to a Mediterannean suite and to our surprise we were given a complimentary bottle of champagne for our enjoyment. This was certainly not expected but was very much appreciated. I would like to extend my thanks to the Hotel and Staff of the Hotel Royal for making our suprise getaway a truly enjobale one and we will certainly return.

For those who enjoy a good hike / walk I would strongly recommend a walk around the Cap. It takes a few hours but the views around the cliffs are stunning. Wear good shoes.

Room Tip: To truly enjoy the location of this hotel you need to book one of the suites with a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for dedicating some time to share your "Royal Experience"!
All our Team have been truly touched by your kind words and are really delighted from satisfying you. It was a natural gesture to offer you an upgrade and a bottle of Champagne in order to thank you for choosing our hotel for such a special occasion!

On behalf of the whole Team, I want to pass our sincerest congratulations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have just spent the most amazing few days in a fantastic suite at the fabulous Royal Hotel. My family and I travel frequently to the South of France and I have to say that this is one of the best places I have stayed in!!!!

The location is perfect and the views from our terrasse magnificent. Surrounded by beaches, restaurants and the charming old town with its quaint streets only minutes away ... everything is at your doorstep!

The suite was modern, spacious and very comfortable and I found the staff to be friendly and very helpful.

The only complaint I have is that I cant believe we haven't stayed here before?!!!

We will definitely be back to the Royal Hotel.

Dear Guests,

I can barely find the words to describe how grateful we are thanks to your fantastic review!
I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of your apartment and the beauty of the surroundings.
All the "Royal Team" have been delighted from helping you and cannot wait to the pleasure of seeing you again!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We spent 3 nights in the room 25 just a week ago and - all in all - RA is as good 'real 4 Star' hotel as it can (and must) be.
Members of Crew were professional and very caring.
Of course, there are always space for further improvements, but it generally doesn't affect guests in any possible way.
Best restaurant, best beach and beach restaurant, nice spa - sauna and showers 5*.
And best of all - very cleverly positioned on the market: 4* guests are the strong majority - just nice friendly quiet hard-working middle- to upper-middle-class people.
Slept like children. :)
Thanks RA!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony C, Responsable relations clients at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Guests,

I sincerly thank you on behalf of the whole Team for your very kind review!
It is such a reward for us to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our lovely town and that you took advantage of the different facilities offered by our Hotel!

It has been our great pleasure to host you and the whole Royal Team are really looking forward to seeing you again!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place has all the foundation to become an excellent hotel. However, some of the staff were very unprofessional and even impolite at times. For a person that travel about 150 days a year and stay in equal and better hotels, poor service and unfriendly staff I really don't like.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your views about our hotel. Therefore, I wish they could have been more detailed as we are willing to constantly improve our Service.
Unfortunately, you wrote that the Staff were impolite and unprofessional without mentioning a speciffic reason nor a specific department.

As it would really help us, please feel free to get back to me in order to tell me more about the whole situation, I will pay a very close attention to any comment.

Thanking you in advance,

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a real find, contemporary, well positioned hotel with spa and private beach.

The thing that first stand out is the genuinely warm welcome offered by the front of house staff, replicated the next day by totally different staff, but all just as friendly, helpful and professional.

The room was good, clean, contemporary, not massive but fine.

The beach however was our favourite part, it has a nice sandy bay, but with a cool chill out beach bar, alongside an excellent beach restaurant, first class food and wine, very fresh, delicious and excellent service.

Whole experience was a great pleasure.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4orange4
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Guests,

I warmly thank you for sharing your "Royal Experience" with us! The whole Team have been truly touched and delighted thanks to your kind comment. We are hoping to see you again very soon for some other wonderful moments in our lovely town!

Kindest regards from the Royal Team,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Located directly across the street from the beach is the only plus in this otherwise average hotel. Our room faced the wall not the courtyard and the shower is a total mess. Hotel restaurant is extremely overpriced -- eat in the old town--way better deal. This hotel has the potential to be great but it probably needs a management team that truly cares.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not facing the wall.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for reviewing your stay among us! I am glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel, very convenient regarding where the old town is where it is true that there are plenty of very good restaurants just as ours!

I warmly invite you ton contact us directly for your next trip to the Riviera so you could have a better room at the best conditions!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Sleeping with an open window wasn't possible b/c of constant traffic. We were on 1st floor with seaview (you pay extra to suffer from disturbance!).

Reception had been striving to help but the clogged sink was fixed just after 3 reminders.
Guys helped me to get 20 euros back the cab driver tried to pocket by having no change.
Cleaning lady takes clean plates from the dishwasher but doesn't put dirty plates in - so peaky!
The dishwasher was partially broken and nobody seemed to care.
The internet wifi connection was disastrous.
Cheap/basic mattresses made my back hurt every morning.
Breakfast somehow OK, but once a coffee machine was broken and the admin still wanted to pay 15 Euros pp!

Paying 660 Euro (rack rate for 2-bedroom Mediterranean suite - stupid us paid) for this is just NO WAY.

Beach is really sandy but also very busy - I was all up in neighbors' smoke; pushers keep dancing around you with bras and nuts. Water was great - the only remedy.

SPA is nice but its receptionist is constantly missing; open hours (if understood correctly) are till 7PM so no chance to relax after sun-bathing.

Overall, my feeling it's the time to keep south of France as the last resort seemingly suitable for celebrities and tycoons. If you want relax go rather to Spain where you get much more bang for the buck.

Room Tip: no seaview if you want some sleep!!!

Dear Sir,

Thanks for dedicating some time to this review! I am sorry to read that just a couple of things went on well during your stay among us... Being ideally located in the city center is a big advantage as everything is walking distance and you do not need to go too far in order to enjoy the restaurants and all the different activities offered by the town. On the other hand, being ideally located in the city center also means that you will find busy roads and noises from the living street. As we are aware of those facts, the Hotel is equipped with air conditioning system and very thick windows, so you do not have to open them in order for you not to get bothered by the noisy atmosphere of a touristic town...

Unfortunately, we cannot forbid access to an outside and public area to smoking and dancing people! Regarding our Spa, open from 8am to 9pm, it is sadly true that our Spa Staff cannot provide treatments while being behind the desk at the same time. This is why a note is left during their time in treatment, kindly reminding that The Reception Staff remain at our Spa guests’ entire disposal for any need or information.

Should we have the pleasure to welcoming you back, I promise that we will do our best to level our Spanish neighbors!

Kindest regards,