“Perfect location”

Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Antibes
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Perfect location near the beach and a few minutes walking to the romantic old-town. Excellent service from the hotell-staff. Fatastic food at the hotel restaurant Cafè Royal. Sadly, the beach restaurant have closed for the season.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I am writing this as I am getting ready to leave the comfortable room of our Royal Antibes Hotel. Originally I didn't want to book here as I thought the standard room would be too small however it was a good sized room with a bed so comfortable I fear about returning back home to my mattress in the Uk. And a shower and bathroom that I only wish I had at home. It is a very comfortable hotel that I would recommend. Maybe having a pool would be nice however the beach is right on the doorstep.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel has a mixture of hotel rooms and apartments. When we booked, there were only apartments available but from chatting with other guests, it seems that the apartments are a better option. We would have preferred a seaview but it would have been double the cost and is only available in a two-bed apartment. The pier across the road for swimming is wonderful but costs €25 per person per day in September and more in July and August. I still think it's worth the extra charge. What a pity there isn't a swimming pool as we had three days when the sea was too rough for swimming and the pier was actually closed. The bar and restaurants in the hotel are very good and the apartment was well equipped and furnished. We will go back but would really love a seaview. Even though it's called the hotel and spa, there is no spa!

Room Tip: apartments are better because the hotel rooms are very small and with an apartment you can buy some...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marianruth
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Royal Antibes is a wonderful hotel!!!I And hotel staff is great! They have russian staff and it's very helpful!!!Food at the restaurant is very-very tasty! The beach and the sea are clean.Thank you very much for my holidays!I'm very pleased!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Casandra02
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I just came back from a 4 night stay at the Royal Antibes in early September. We had an amazing time and Antibes acted as a great base for us to explore the region. We came from 3 disappointing nights in Nice and found Antibes to be exactly what we were looking for when you think "South France". The staff was friendly, every single person who worked the front desk was really upbeat and helpful. I thought the price for the hotel was good for the area its located in. You can walk to Juan Les Pins, Old Town, Picasso, and the beach is at your doorstep. The restaurant and beach club are pricey but they have a 5 star feel to them. The Italian restaurant next door "Sapori" has amazing food and a short walk to "Le Bastion" is worth it for a great meal as well. The staff also spoke perfect English which was nice considering our French was pathetic, ha. I recommend the ferry to St Tropez if you have a day for it, it was well worth it- you can walk to the ferry from the hotel.

Room Tip: Before we left I read the reviews about the hotel being noisy. We had an end room on the 2nd floor a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ACSauce
Reviewed September 16, 2012

OVERALL the place was overpriced for what they offered.

LOCATION is on the main road along the coast line, which created traffic noise inside the room. Across the street from a "beach" (not much of a beach). It is walking distance to the old village.

ROOMS were obviously intended to be apartments as they have a full kitchen and living room. They feel a bit empty for just 2 people since they are not fully decorated and fully functioning kitchens. (only basic utensils supplied). ALSO the rooms have tons of street noise from the road below!

SERVICE was basic. We had to run down to reception to get the things we needed, they didn't bring it to us.

NO POOL.

RESTAURANT had a good breakfast but it was not included.

WIFI was good in the lobby, slow in the restaurant, and slow in the room.

VALUE was poor. We paid about $400 USD per night, and it was worth maybe half (if that.).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sebastien C, Responsable relations clients at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for reviewing you stay at the ROYAL Hotel Residence Beach & Spa. I’m sincerely sorry you did not find the product up to par with your expectations. I would very much appreciate if you could address a detailed feedback to us, so we will see how we can actually improve our service to you. Until then I’m a little confused as to whether you were expecting a hotel suite (without a kitchen) or an apartment with chef’s kitchen.

We do have suites, and apartments, as our name suggests it. All our apartments (Residence) are offered on a hotel basis and with a hotel service. As a product/service, we are geared to meet our clientele’s needs – most of our guests are young families who come to spend quite a bit of time in the locality of Antibes. Therefore, we chose to include kitchens for a more realistic approach to vacations. All features are listed in online product descriptions, but as always, each member of our staff will gladly answer further inquiries.

We sincerely hope to be able to make up for your discomfort and ultimately leave a positive impression.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Royal Antibes is a modern style hotel, located across from the beach. What it lacks in personality (has a more corporate feel) it exceeds in terms of quality, decor and the size of the rooms. Rooms are large, beds are king size, bathrooms are very modern and it has a nice restaurant facing the beach. Service was great and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I also liked the location; it is nicely positioned within 5 minutes walk from the old port, and about 15 minutes from Cap d'Antibes. Plenty of nice restaurants nearby to choose from. The Royal Beach club across the road is excellent, but be prepared to pay to get in and use the chairs each day. It has a great restaurant on the beach and nice bar. I stayed in June, just before the prices doubled for high season. If you can travel in shoulder season this hotel is an exceptional deal for the level of quality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family