“satisfying but”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of La Mule du Pape

La Mule du Pape
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Zabbar, Malta
“satisfying but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I was at Chateauneuf-du-Pape on 21st January 2014 - it was raining all the time and not so many people around. But we managed to taste a tot of the glorious wine of this region and to find a restaurant at midday - only one or two are available at that time of the day. I have chosen the plat du jour which was quite good and not so expensive. Finally we ordered a normal dessert, just a small portion of a chocolate cake. When the final bill came, we noticed that the dessert was highly expensive almost three quarters the price for the plat du jour. So, if ever you find yourself there, see that for the dessert, it's better to look somewhere else, if you are on a tight budget. But on the whole, the service was good.

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Portland, CT
“Delicious food in a casual place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was near where we were staying. It is casual and didn't look like anything special but food was actually quite good. We had no problem with service when we were there. We always drink house wine in this area. Not expensive and decent. We ate the pasta. I had a special - ravioli with fois gras and truffle sauce. It was excellent.

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Good location - terrible choice!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just accommodated across the street on September 2, I looked for a close and fast place to eat. Nice location, nice terrace, but this is where all my "nice" stuff ends.

I had to wait 15 minutes to get some attention, I actually had to wave to some girl that was talking to another waiter to come bring me the menu. Food took for ever and was nothing special. Prices were not cheap for the size of the plates. Another 20-30 minutes to get the food.
I asked for a glass of local wine, very disappointing, the glass was half full, it was only 40 grams or so. That cost me 7 euros! Steep considering the make the wine literally 100 meters down the road.
After meal I asked for a tea. The called it "gourmet tea" didnt know what that means. It means the tea was 7.50 euros.
The food was overpriced and plain. Didnt try the pizza everybody said is good, I was just coming from Italy where I had enough pizza for a year. Dont even remember what I had...but it was way overpriced. I guess you pay a lot for location not the food.

If you have time and you are not pressed for time like me shop around, avoid this place. The staff is ignorant and unfriendly. I had to wait a lot to bring the bill and I actually had to go grab the waiter from inside to get my change.

1 star for service, 5 stars for location. You do the average :)

• Visited September 2013
East coast
“Good food at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We ate lunch at La Mule du Pape. We ordered the plat du jour, and had a good meal for a very decent price. It's not often that you see duck as the plat du jour!

Our waitress spoke excellent English and was very friendly. We enjoyed talking with her.

We enjoyed our meal so much, that we had breakfast there the next morning, before leaving town.

We would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hedo-goer
Skara, Sweden
“Irma N.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

The location was just perfect. The people in Chateaunef-du-Pape is very happy, gently, frendly and they speak English!!!

• Visited July 2013