“A little taste of history”

Les Caves Saint Charles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: EXCLUSIVE PRIVED TASTING BY APPOINTMENT BOOKING ONLINE ONLY . A new place located in original Pope's cellar dating from the 13th century. Amazing wine tasting of different Chateauneuf du Pape wines by Guy Bremond, a professional head master Sommelier and Mathias Tasting ambassador . Daily tastings, phenomenal experience. Worldwide Shipping Services .
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little taste of history”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We came here with a party of 6 yesterday October 10th 2013, and had a wonderful time. We specifically asked for Guy to do our tasting, and he was more than accommodating to our larger party. The caves are gorgeous and intimate and the atmosphere is like nothing I've experienced in a wine tasting. It felt like we were just hanging out with a Master Sommelier and Chateauneuf historian just trying interesting wines, because that's exactly what's we we're doing! I've been to wine tastings all over the world and never experienced what the caves st charles has to offer. I will be back!

Visited October 2013

Brooklyn, New York
184 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“No show on an Appointment; No "Sorry" either!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We made an appointment for a private tasting over 6 months in advance. After driving 1 1/2 hours to Chateauneuf-du-Pape, we were told that the sommelier was running late and the receptionist would start the tasting. Well, he never showed and never even sent an email of apology. Although the receptionist graciously tried her best, she simply didn't have the training. As we were here to stock our wine cellar, it was a total waste of a half day of vacation.

There are many, many cellars in this area. Don't risk wasting your time.

4 Thank NJB1165
Guy B, Propriétaire at Les Caves Saint Charles, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Sir,
I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience at my Caves, we have never experienced this before and it is very important to me that your concerns are addressed and that I sincerely apologize to you for your " terrible" experience. Customer service is the most important part of my business and its important to me that when people come to my Caves they feel like family because this is a family business.

However, Iben, who provided the tasting to you, is not an "receptionist" as you said, she is a valued member of the team and trained and qualified to give tastings. Usually when people have a request for a particular tasting instructor, whether it be myself or Iben, they request that.

Had i known you were specifically looking for me, I would have made you my priority as I do all my clients, Since I did not know that, I had unexpected fatherly duties that were my priority and required urgently my full and immediate attention.

I cannot apologize enough for this confusion sir, and I hope next time you are in Provence I have an opportunity to change your experience from "Terrible" to "Excellent" and that we can taste some spectacular wines and create happy memories and reach your highest expectations and I encourage you to contact me so we can discuss this further because it is important to me that all of your concerns are adressed.
With my warmest regards .
Guy Brémond
Owner Les Caves Saint Châteauneuf-du-Pape. France
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasting.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

New wine shop in Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Best place to start a tasting in the town, and to learn and understand the different style and taste in appelationen,

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding Experience”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Iben & Guy were Outstanding in the representation, education and tasting of white & reds from Chateauneuf-du-Pape Region. The wine tasting was exceptional vineyards from the region. Iben led our tasting and was very knowledgeable of the wine we tasted.

FIVE STARS ALL THE WAY FOR Les Caves Saint Charles.

Reservations are Required.

La Quinta, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our group of 15 had hired a service to provide a tour of the CdP area. I had found this lovely place on TA and asked if we could go there. Our guide worked it out and we were all so glad we had done it. We all learned things we had never known (after many wines tours through Italy and Napa). Our tour guide and never gone here before and was amazed at the depth of instruction, all with humor and a great personality. this is a must do! Guy is wonderful!

1 Thank KathiU