“went twice in a week!”

Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We loved this little restaurant! The menu was creative, the little dishes were exquisite and the potatoes, oh the potatoes - don't ask how much cream they put in them, I warn you! It was Provencal food at its finest, fresh local ingredients done with care and style. Warm service and just a lovely experience. I would go again in a hearbeat.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Fun concept to keep your table entertained. Kids liked picking their own items, even if they didn't like the appetizers! [Picky kids...] But we all loved have 3 'mini' desserts. Main course was great too.

1  Thank rebeccainparis
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had the "light" menu: 3 verrines for starters, a main course and 3 desserts. Most of it was very good. Starters included a cream of goat cheese (excellent), sweet red pepper stuffed in anchovy-flavored goat cheese (exquisite) and a parmesan-olive cookie (just OK). I chose the leg of lamb as a main course and didn't regret it: succulent, perfectly flavored meet, cooked just right, with excellent potato gratin. Desserts were also great, especially the chocolate fondant. All this for 17.60, in a nice atmosphere, very relaxed but attentive service, and a landlady who speaks excellent English. I'll come back.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

I absolutely loved this restaurant and its concept of "verrines" or little glasses containing the first course and desserts. The food was delicious and I love the fact that you get to sample different dishes, which adds a lot to your dining pleasure. The lamb in my main course was cooked to perfection (it melted in my mouth) and the vegetable lasagne served alongside it was simply heavenly. The décor is charming and I adored the quaint, intimate ambiance that Art & Buffets offers. Situated just a few steps from the Rue de la République, which, to my opinion, is overloaded with overpriced fare for tourists, I found that this restaurant gave me great value for my money. I will definitely return.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

Attractive concept with a buffet for starters and desserts - all served in little glasses (called "verrine" in French). In the evening, it is à discretion (=all you can eat). This means you choose from the range of delicious selection of starters, main course and desserts. The food is excellent, the owners have a passion for food. With children, this is perfect as they can chose what they like to eat and taste a range of different food. With Euro 21.50, this is definitely good value in Avignon. There are different prices for children. The atmosphere is relaxed, you sit on desiner chairs. Recommended!