“Pleasant, casual dining while on the move.”

Brasserie Du Theatre
Reserve a table
Tue, 3/5
8:00 PM
Ranked #109 of 626 Restaurants in Avignon
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Paris-style Brasserie, in the center of Avignon, offering an authentic and convivial cuisine. Large offer including seafoods (live lobsters, crabs, oysters and shellfish), fresh daily specials and traditonnal French meals : escargots, andouillette, beef entrecote, foie gras, provencal fish soup,.. and handmade pastries. Enjoy a great moment of confort and gastronomy in our cozzy setting or on our tree-shadowed terrace. Service 7/7 - from 8:00 to 23:30 PM & Happy Hour from 05.00 PM to 07:00 PM
Reviewed September 10, 2016

Old Avignon is a walker's delight, but with so much to see one needs sustenance and Brasserie du Theatre is conveniently located to enjoy a brief stop before continuing to explore the city. It has a good range of "commercial" dishes on the menu which seems to work as the Brasserie was continually busy on our visit. Staff were mostly helpful although our waiter occasionally was a liitle distracted. Our casual lunch was reasonably priced. There was plenty of choices for dining in the area.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

We ate here in the afternoon after we arrived from Paris as we really like salmon tartare (which is difficult to get in London). Pleased with what come up as it was more of a meal than a snack! Included bread, a delicious salad and fries. Very good quality salmon and nice wine selection too. The waiter was very friendly and attentive (not intrusive) so it was a good spot to pick. We were concerned it would be a tourist trap (being at the far end of the rue Republique) but was a good place in my view.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

Ok, I'll admit this is not the smallest or most special place in town, but the food is very good the service fast and friendly and prices very acceptable. Overall, good place to eat.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for basic coffee and croissant, waitress who had been fine, when came with the food said she needed paying now if that was OK as she was going to the post office and seemed quite hurried.

I got my credit card out to pay and she asked if I had cash, when I started no, she tried to direct me to the cash machine to which my reply was "can I not just pay by card?" As I certainly wasn't about to go wondering off to a cash point when I'd just got my order. She promptly walked off to get the card machine and was promptly in a mood from then on.

Needless to say no tip was forthcoming nor a repeat visit and I personally question her honesty as to whether she was trying to trouser a quick a profit. My personal opinion of course.

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

Arrived hotel at 10pm, we walked around and found out this restaurant still opened and fully packed outside. We decided to try without huge expectation. Appetizers is great, Escargot is must try, Oyster Ok. Main course is average, mussel not fresh enough, steak ok, Sausage good and fishes ok.