See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Negatives: very tiny and worn rooms, breakfast for extra fee
Positives: secure parking area, free internet, friendly staff
Overall, it was quite an expensive place considering the quality. We wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Pleasant, friendly service and with a real feel of Provence.
Good free parking but you will need to drive into the old town, it is too far to walk.
There are good eating places close by.
The room we had for 3 was very small and too hot in August. The air con was not adequate.
Good to have small kitchenette and outside courtyard.
It was cheap and good value for money but would not recommend during the hottest time of the year.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed there for 1 night during the Avignon festival. The receptionist was very helpful and suggested to take the bus (the bus stop is just in front of the hotel) instead of the motorbike to spend the night at Avignon as she said it was safer, which actually proved to be an excellent tip and the cheapest option considering the parking fees. The room was not so bad and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaFT
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I needed to find a hotel for five travelers during the huge Avignon Theatre Festival in July. Vert Hotel is about two miles from the old city center (approx 15 euros by taxi) and is served by a few bus lines, VERY close to the hotel. There is a large shopping center right across the street with everything you might need. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly & helpful; even though we arrived around 11:00am, they let us leave our bags in our rooms and then they cleaned them asap so we could have access. The place has a B & B feeling to it, with a nice courtyard (public space) and tables & chairs outside the rooms. The rooms are tiny - our triple had a sort of mini-loft with the extra bed - and show some signs of wear, but the bathrooms were clean & everything worked. It's not a romantic place (utilitarian, not mood, lighting, for example) but it's definitly fine for someone on a budget, and I thought was actually good value for what we paid.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Luckily I reserved one day only in this hotel.
At the reception there was a man that wasn't able to speak english, we had to communicate with gestures. He brought us to our room and he started to explain to us how to lock the door, it would have been easier to solve a Rubik's cube, I had to stand out of the door 10 minutes to figure out how to lock it.
The room itself was small, very small. Once brought in the luggage there was no space to walk. The air inside the room was that wet that I felt in the middle of the amazonian forest. The floor was dirty, there were unidentified hair all over it. The bed sheets were dirty, the corners were completely black like they were dragged on the floor.
The bathroom was a 2 squared meters room, the sink was mounted directly over the bathtub side. There were no curtains for the shower, and even worse, the hand shower head was broken, half of the water was pooring out from the bottom where the water pipe was attached, so it was literally impossible to take a shower.
I had my laptop with me, I noticed there was a wireless network so I called the reception to ask if I could connect to it, I got told that the service wasn't available for all the rooms while on the reservation details it was written that the wifi connection was public and free of charge.
Very very very low quality considering the cost of the room. Never again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple