Hotel du Palais des Papes
Hotel Mignon(Avignon)(Great Value!)
$85
$75
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreat locationbeautiful stoneair conditioninghotel doorroom was large and comfortableold buildingcouple of nightsunderground parkingtop floorbudget hotelnice breakfastcharming hoteltrain stationpapal palacesquareconsulatefrance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had no reservation and simply turned up here after being horrified by the look of the Ibis where we had reserved previously that day. It really was a chance encounter. I was greeted by Sebastian who was friendly and i said we were after the best rate room but that we had a travel cot for a 2 year old, so as it was bordering mid to low season, he kindly gave us a superior for the price of a standard, so we had the extra space.
The hotel was really in keeping with the surrounds of the medieval Palais des Papes, but with a fresh slightly modern twist.
It was so cozy and the location couldn't have been any better.
Emily was super friendly and the food at Le Lutrin was absolutely amazing. All round a fab choice!! Loved it and definately recommend

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We found the room to be quirky and interesting. The ceiling is low, the decor unusual with exposed brick, funky light fittings and a walk-in shower! There was no air conditioner but a pedestal fan was in the room. The basic European breakfast was included plus free wi fi. We had a room with a window over the square which was great during the day but noisy at night with outside dining and early morning trucks cleaning up. There is no car parking nearby so you need to make sure you know where to go and then be prepared to carry your luggage. The attached restaurant served food of good quality.

Room Tip: not facing the square much too noisy
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrankChris545
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here last week as part of a large group - we occupied the entire hotel - and though I realise I was fortunate to be allocated a room with air-con, I found the experience much better than some reviews had led me to expect. The beds (we had 2 doubles) were spotless and very comfortable, the bathroom (complete with shower and bath) well-equipped. Our room looked onto a small, enclosed inner court so there was no view at all, and there was an air-con unit just outside, but were didn't care as we were barely there other than to sleep, and it was blissfully quiet. The stone floor was cool underfoot - though the cement between the flags had a tendency to fragment and stick to the feet: slippers are a must. Sheets and towels were changed daily, although we didn't request this. There was a wardrobe with hangars, but no shelves other than the top one, full of extra bedding, so we lived partly out of our cases: I could have done with a drawer or two. We ate one dinner in Le Lutrin, the hotel restaurant: food and service were excellent. Emily, in charge of breakfasts, was wonderful - cheerful, obliging, able to find soya milk for cereal. The location of the hotel makes it ideal for wandering through the old town in the evenings. I realise that I might feel differently had I had a noisier/non-a/c/smaller room, but based on my experience of Room 24 I'd go back like a shot.

Room Tip: Ask for an air-conditioned room if going in summer, unless you prefer a fan. The hotel corridors were very warm at night!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christine M
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I brought a large group and took over this hotel so maybe I have unique insight into every one of its rooms. The staff are wonderful. 'Breakfast girl', Emily, is a delight - what an asset for a hotel to have a welcoming, smiling face like this. She could not do enough for us. Other personnel were obliging and very helpful. We ate in their restaurant (Le Lutrin: The Lectern) on one night and it was first class. The rooms varied from small - with no air con (when the temperature was in the 30s!) to huge, with jaccuzzi bath, power shower, full air-con and painted, ceiling mural! One room had a large outdoor, roof-top sitting area. Fans were available for the rooms with no air-conditioning but they did get very warm. What really makes the place special is it's position: away from the bustle of Place de l'Horloge but close enough to enjoy its delights; and right next to the Palais des Papes which is visible from some windows. Location, location, location!

Room Tip: All rooms with air con were good. Ask for the one with a view of the Palais des Papes (with the ceiling mural!) or (if you don't care about a view) with the outdoor roof terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel is in a prime location right across from Palais des Papes and close to all the restaurants and shops. Our room was very clean and comfortable with a great view of the square. We loved the ambience of the room with exposed brick and chandeliers. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple