“Good value hotel”

Ranked #18 of 69 Hotels in Avignon
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good value hotel”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed with my son for one night, as part of a trip around Southern France. Room was basic but very clean and shower etc was very good. Breakfast was cheap, and was fine. Overall, it was a good value budget hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Utah
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The room was clean and the reception hours are longer than stated on the website. Breakfast was good with lots of variety and well worth the 5.95 euros. There were 3 large groups of teenagers in the hotel at the same time as us and they were organized enough that we didn’t really notice them except as they walked through the breakfast room on their way to their private dining room. Amandie was very helpful in adjusting our reservation to fix an error I made when making it, but pretty indifferent when the fan and wi-fi in our room were not working. Merkaleh was very helpful in getting the wifi working the next morning and helping us with some tourist questions. My only complaints would be the broken fan and inability to open the window, the barely functioning wi-fi, and the housekeeper not making the upper bunk (before we arrived or during our stay). Overall, I think it was a good value and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband, baby and I spent two night in this hotel in late May. We had a triple room which was spacious enough to accommodate a baby crib and our luggages. The design of the room is very efficient. Front desk were always smiling and spoke good English. Breakfast buffet was cheap and varied with a good selection of food and beverages. Thanks to this hotel and the ibis budget in Lyon part dieu I would chose again Ibis budget hotels in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GinaReyesG
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel looked like it was recently upgraded. The furniture and bedding was very comfortable. We were surprised by the light up shower head in the shower! There was enough room to hang up our clothes. It would have been nice to have a mini fridge in the room. I think the regular Ibis hotels in Avignon didn't have one either. There is actually a regular Ibis hotel right next door. I compared them and thought the budget was just fine for my travel needs. I bought the breakfast during my stay and it was a nice selection. I liked the coffee maker that made so many different kinds of coffee (and it had hot water and hot chocolate too)! The staff was very friendly and helpful when I had a question. Though this hotel is called "Avignon Centre", it is nowhere near the center. As another reviewer says: it is a brisk 10 minute treck from the Avignon central train station. The TGV station had a bus that transported people from that station to the central post office. There is a stop not far from the hotel before you stop at the post office. I didn't mind the location outside of the city wall. It was a pleasant stroll into the city to sightsee and eat. It would have been nice if there was a restaurant nearby, they would do a lot of business because there are other hotels nearby. Our window faced the courtyard that was a little noisy on weekend nights, but nothing excessive. I think this hotel was a great value!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Probably the cheapest in town - 47 Euros per night per person, same price when you walk-in.

Location: Now I have doubts on what reviewers said about good location - Ibis Budget is Not "very close" to the train station, it takes 10 mins (15 mins with luggage) walk without any shelter, no shops along the road. It is neither close to the old town nor any restaurants. I would rank it as non-convenient to reach everything. Parking is free that I saw from the board inside the room and so I think it is good for those who drive.

Room's design is like a youth hostel. Toilet and bathroom separated. Shower area is a shell itself with adequate space to shower. Height of the shower head is fixed and it is too high for someone with 5'5.

Room is on the ground floor. Outside it is a sidewalk (main street as well) that people will pass your room, can look inside. As such the window cannot be open more than 5 inches wide. It is for security purpose but I hate it that I simply cannot open the window fully.

Breakfast is basic - croissant, cakes, bread, coffee, juices and cornflakes. Have ate one day only and that's enough.

The girl in the reception was extremely helpful, speak fairly good English and with a smile all the time.

The reason why I chose this hotel is I thought it was very close to the train station but in fact it is not. When you come back from other cities using the train, you have to walk to the old town to get something to eat before you re-tour back to your hotel.

When I toured the old town, there are some 2 stars hotel for 60 Euros and 3 stars for 80-100. I think that will be better to stay right in the town instead of somewhere which is in fact nowhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo