This hotel was clean and comfortable.
It is no more than a 10 minute walk (with luggage in tow) from the Avignon TGV train stop, very do-able for most anyone.
The heat down here is much dryer normally so you don't perspire much, which is good for keeping dry during the walk.
The area was very busy with cars and trucks, with that being said, we had a room on the front side of the hotel (street side) and it was still very quiet in our room.
The sun also rises on the street side, which wasn't too much of an issue because they have some very nice quality room darkening shades that cover the window all the way.
There are no refrigerators available in the rooms so you can improvise by bringing a paper bag or two and rolling the sides down and then lining that with a few plastic bags. You can then fill it with ice from the machine in the lobby.
The bed was nice and soft, almost like one of those memory foam ones; the sheets were crisp too.
The bathroom has a nice spacious shower and the main door also acts as a door for the toilette, which is kind of nice because then someone can still use the sink and the shower while not totally invading someone's privacy while on the can. There is also a blue night light that is in the bathroom, while it's pretty bright, you can shut the door most of the way so the light is not as bright in the room.
The TV had a few english channels on it, not much worth watching though.
The internet connection was very good and stable.
The window in the room opens if you need it to as well.
The air conditioning in the room worked very good too; make sure to read the instructions on how to operate it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 3* hotel, ideally located at the heart of the Provence, just 5mn away from the city centre, the City of the Popes and 500m from Avignon TGV station. The 100 large and comfortable rooms accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children. All rooms have been refurbished and equipped with flat tv screens and offer a complimentary tea and coffee set! The hotel has been all renovated in 2010; free wifi access – free closed car park - ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kyriad Avignon - Courtine Gare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kyriad Avignon Courtine Gare Tgv Hotel Avignon
- Avignon Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Avignon