“Exceptional! Enchanting Laurence!”

Provence Exclusive Tours
Ranked #14 of 40 Tours in Avignon
More attraction details
Owner description: I am an independent licensed guide providing tours of the main cities and monuments of Provence, but also driving around the beautiful famous and less famous sites of the area in my own mini van. After working for many years as a guide for groups, I decided to specialize in private tours (2014 is my 10th year!) to share my love and knowledge about Provence and France in general. Having lived and travelled abroad, I know what a difference it makes to visit with a local. Tours with me are always a mix of history, food and wine, local experience and daily life. I also specialize in theme tours (painters, Jewish Heritage, Roman architecture...) and special requests.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you want your senses to come to life while traveling in Provence, spend a day or two with Laurence. During our trip to Provence in 2012, my daughter, our friend and I spent a fabulous market day at L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue. The day was so memorable that on very short notice -- I planned a trip back to Provence in July 2013. My planning began by contacting Laurence and we spent three days with her this year. So what's so special. Laurence weaves her passion, knowledge, and experience into memorable day/s for her clients. During our visit this year, she has the uncanny ability to make everyday experiences extraordinary. Imagine a visit to a grocery store becoming a cultural experience. She spends the time to understand her clients' needs and share the sights, sounds, smells and scenery of Provence. She knows how to plan a day that appeals to all of your senses so that the moments translate into long lasting memories that live on after the tour is over. Currently, I'm planning a "Girls Trip to Provence" for 2014 with Laurence. I know that it will be fantastic!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We reserved Laurence for 2 tours in Provence this September. The tours were of Van Gogh in
Arles and St Remy and a walking tour of Avignon. We found her to be of the highest quality and one of the best in our tours of Europe. What made her the best was her ability to share her knowledge without making it stuffy. She was genuinely concerned when one gal was sick and on another trip one tripped and hurt her arm. She was able to add some fun into the trips by finding special shops to go into for tastings of chocolate...much to everyone delight! She is well worth the cost as you can never do this trip on your own. She even let us film her showing us how to tie a true French scarf! What a special day you will have with her!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were part of the group under the DCKush review. We loved our day with Laurence and can not wait to come back and spend a few days there next year! We will be contacting Laurence for our return visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Laurence was the best guide I have had in my world travels over the last 27 years. She is disarming and friendly without any of the hauteur that may accompany someone as well educated and urbane as she.

Laurence retains an uncanny knack of connecting dots between cultures and time, and helps you obtain insights that would be hard to grasp without her deep knowledge and love of Provence.

Her native charm will guide you and at the same time capture and lead your imagination to places you never thought possible. You will have the time of your life…. Laurence creates an enchanting atmosphere on her tours and there is not a doubt that you will yearn to return.

I have exchanged many a communication with Laurence long after the tour was over; she is genuinely interested and empathetic towards her customers, and I especially appreciated her gracious and helpful attitude towards my 80 year old parents.

The space pace, and grace of her Renault van was very impressive. The visibility and comfort of this well chosen vehicle was a perfect complement and companion on the tour.

I definitely would like to visit Provence again, and use Laurence as my guide. She is the best!

1  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We did a wonderful day trip with Laurence in early May this year to the Camargue and Arles from Avignon. Laurence is a private guide as well as a driver and this day was a highlight of our trip to France. Laurence is friendly, well organised and knows a great deal about the Camargue and the other areas we visited.
We booked this tour before leaving Australia and Laurence always promptly replied to our emails. We told her what we particularly wanted to see and she also had other suggestions of places that would fit in with this. She picked us up from our accommodation at the arranged time and her vehicle was clean, safe and had good visibility for the passengers. She even brought along some specialities from the area for us to eat – Calissons – which are like a marzipan biscuit.
We went straight to the Parc Ornithologique du Pont du Gau and had all our expectations met. We saw many flamingos as well as other birds. Laurence translated all the information boards for us so that we understood more about the park.
After the park we went to the seaside town of Stes-Maries de la Mer. We had lunch with Laurence here and then she took us for a walk around the town and to the church (Eglise des Stes-Maries). She explained all the sites as we went along and the history of the town.
After leaving Stes-Maries de la Mer Laurence took us back along one of the back roads to Arles. We saw flamingos in their natural state, the local black bulls and the white Camargue horses.
Our last stop was Arles where Laurence took us on a tour to the Roman Arena and through the town. She showed us the Café Van Gogh as well as other interesting parts of the town. She was very knowledgeable and enthusiastically shared her knowledge with us.
We can highly recommend Laurence as a guide for anyone wishing a special day in this part of France.