“A good burger”

Ranked #68 of 623 Restaurants in Avignon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Sometimes, after 3 days of non stop croissant and cheese, you need MEAT! They made a good 6 oz burger, rare, on a toasted sesame seed bun with a good green salad and reasonably crispy home style fries.

My burger came with pesto, mozzarella and a lovely prosciutto like meat. Restaurant is in the middle of the action. Good place for an emergency lunch. Would eat here again.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Seriously, I don't know why this place doesn't have better reviews. We had the best lunch there while we were in town.

Okay, it's one of those cafés, but we had two very delicious dishes: one, the cheeseburger. According to my husband it was excellent and he made sure he told everyone how good it was including a couple of other tourists who seem to be vacillating on whether they wanted to eat there or not.

Anyway, back to the food. The cheeseburger had cheese on both sides of the bun and the meat was moist and cooked perfectly.

I ordered the gourmand salad with chicken gizzards, livers, smoked duck and bacon. I only wish I could get this at home. It was absolutely delicious.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stopped at La Civette to grab a coffee after visiting Palais du Papes since this place was so close by. We ended up grabbing some deserts and I was pleased with the service and the snacks. The chocolate/mint chocolate ice cream especially. The waiter lent us his phone for us to make a quick call back to our hotel, and the wifi was working when we were there. No complaints here.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The best thing about La Civette is its convenient location near the Palais du Papes. The salads were just average, the pasta (carbonara and bolognaise) were both mediocre - the carbonara was dry with little sauce. The coffee cream was hot and tasty, but the cappuccino was mainly warm milk barely colored by expresso to make it brown. The service was not very attentive even though the outdoor seating was not crowded. Pick another place on the square if you have the time. Certainly don't select this place for the WiFi which did not work when we were there.

1  Thank OldEagle48
Reviewed June 11, 2014

It is very hard to know what grade to give this restaurant, as while the food was excellent (we had the plat du jour - lamb tagine for my husband; veal with rocquefort sauce for me - both not only good but also very reasonably priced) the service was terrible. We had to wait twenty minutes just to be brought a drink. This restaurant, on the main square just down from the palais des papes certainly enjoys an excellent location, but I suspect that the serving staff are so used to dealing with a tourist clientele, they do not feel the need to make an effort, which is a real pity considering the quality of the food. The couple on the table adjacent to ours had salade nicoise, which looked very good, and was certainly of generous quantity. So, if you don't mind rather offhand service in return for above average food, don't hesitate!