All reviewsyogurtmayahostesscityaccommodation
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Maison Velvet in the Pearl Room for a week at the end of May. Maya is a charming hostess, knowledgeable and caring of her guests. She gave us recommendations for sightseeing, dining, etc, all of which reflected her deep knowledge of the city. Breakfasts were great and varied. The room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. Away from the crowds/noisy tourist areas yet a short distance to anywhere in town. We hated to leave!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2016

We stayed at Maison Velvet for three nights in September and enjoyed our visit. Maya was very friendly and welcoming and gave us excellent restaurant recommendations and also some advice about what to see, in addition to the obvious sights of Avignon. Her house is located within the walls, so a very short walk to the major sights, shopping, and dining spots. Parking is a bit of a problem, but there is free parking in a lot called Les Italiens, about a ten-minute walk away. Breakfasts were delicious and varied and served at a communal table with the other guests, a lovely way to start the day. We stayed in the Amber room and we really enjoyed sitting on the adjacent terrace at the end of the day. We would stay here again and will recommend it to friends who wish to visit the beautiful city of Avignon.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

I stayed for 6 nights in the Ivory room of Maison Velvet, which was a double with an en suite. The bed was very comfortable, the bedding was very warm, so I didn't need heat or aircon on. The room was a good size with a wonderful shower. There was wifi which was easy to connect to. The breakfast was delicious, with plenty to eat and drink. Maya is a very good hostess: charming, friendly, helpful, with plenty of suggestions for what to visit and where to eat. We ate in 5 different local restaurants frequented by locals and everyone was very good and two were particularly excellent: La Papille and Le Chapelier Toque. Maison Velvet is conveniently situated within the city walls and although parking wasn't very easy we had no trouble finding parking in the early evening. All the restaurants were within easy walking distance. My friends and I would definitely recommend Maison Velvet and would return there if we ever came to Avignon again.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2016

Beautiful and charming BB ,perfect for exploring the historic part of Avignon and Provence.The house very calm and intimate with original floors,painting and lovely decor
and pretty terrace.
Maya wonderful and helpful with lovely ideas and suggestion what to visit in town and what to explore in the region.
Great,relaxing stay .Like home.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2016

My husband and I spent 3 nights in Maya's beautiful home in December 2014 (not 2015 - I snoozed on writing the review!). The location is within perfect walking distance of the town. Maya was so welcoming and made sure we had everything we needed. She also recommended some excellent restaurants. The house was quiet, clean, and the bedroom was very spacious. We loved the breakfast as well - there were many options and provided a perfect start to the day. Thank you, Maya!

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple