All reviewsyogurtmayahostesscityaccommodation
Reviewed April 22, 2015

We spent three nights at the Maison Velvet in Avignon, France the first part of April. It is a lovely B&B located just inside the city wall. The location was great as parking was more accessible and it made for great walking in the historic and shopping area of Avignon. The owner and host, Maya, could not have been more warm, kind and helpful......great suggestions as to what to do and where to go, giving us a great overview of this wonderful French city. Her restaurant suggestions were fabulous......she even made our reservations each evening. Our room was large, clean, charming and very comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast, chatting with other house guests and Maya. If we ever have the opportunity to return, we would definitely stay with Maya at the Maison Velvet. We would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the front with the balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2015

We have just returned fron a week staying at Maison Velvet which is ideally situated just inside the old wall and only a short walk from the centre of Avignon . We had a fantastic holiday and would like to thank Maya for being the perfect host . She could not have been more welcoming and helpfull giving us great dinner recomendations and advise on where to go and what to see in Avignon and in the beautiful surrounding areas. Our room was a great size and very comfortable with a balcony and a good size well stocked bathroom and we had a super breakfast every morning. We could not have asked for more and have no hesitation in recommending Maya and Maison Velvet .

Room Tip: Ask for the big room with the balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2014

Just came back from a stay at Maison Velvet and look forward to returning!

We stayed four nights in Dec 2014 and had a great time. Maya, the owner of Maison Velvet is very conscientious and kind and we enjoyed talking with her. It's pretty cold in Avignon in December, but Maya always kept the house and room warm and cozy and my husband and I always looked forward to returning after a day of sightseeing. We stayed in the Pearl Room which was spacious and roomy; the entire house is beautifully decorated and charming. Everything was very clean and carefully thought out.

If planning a trip to Avignon, book the Maison Velvet!

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank a y
Reviewed September 20, 2014

I stayed in Masion Valvet for 2 nights in September. I visited Avignon for the first time. This masion is a little far from the Station (TGV Avignon), so I needed to use a taxi. But otherwise all were perfect!! Maya is very kind, warm and smart. She offered me much information about Avignon, Arles and so on.The room is very clean and cute. I could have a chance which I talk to the others lodgers when I had breakfasts. I enjoyed Avignon stay.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Maison Velvet in the old walled quarter of Avignon. The location is very quiet and yet only a few minutes walk to the centre of the old town and within easy walking distance of the station (about 15 mins). Maya was very kind and so helpful, suggesting things to see and a lovely selection of restaurants to eat out. Maison Velvet is an old house with many original fittings and beautiful tiled floors typical of Provence. Maya has decorated it very artistically and the rooms are cool and spacious. Breakfast was delicious and elegantly presented. We felt very relaxed and do hope we can return. Thank you to Maya!

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple