“Cool lunch in a hot summer day”
Review of Le Petit Gourmand

Le Petit Gourmand
Ranked #9 of 619 Restaurants in Avignon
Cuisines: Delicatessen, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "Le Petit Gourmand" is a typical french food small restaurant providing home made meals cooked by the Chef close to you as if you were at home. 16 seats inside and double possible outside during the beautiful season (outside terrace here may be used more than 6 months per year from Easter).We have a special meal called "Secca d'Entrevaux" (thin slices of dried beef with pesto, potatoe in a owen, hot melted cheese and mesclun). Other "must": fresh pastas with truffle, or fresh raviolis with foie gras inside and a few desserts that you may find all in our "Café Gourmand".The rest of the dishes are proposed according to the season.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The restaurant is 5-min walk from Palais des Papes. Surprisingly it was empty when we got there while other restaurants on the same street was full. I was worried we were in the wrong place.

We ordered beef salad and cod risotto. Both were lovely, especially beef salad. I never had raw beef before but this was delicious. The cod dish was the freshest cod we had in Provence.

What made we felt good about this restaurant was how nice the staff were. Before we finished, I accidentally broke the wine glass. The waitress told us to leave it alone. I was preparing to pay for the broken glass but it didn't show up on my bill! A pleasant surprise.

Don't be put off by the empty tables. You won't be disappointed by the food and the restaurant!

There are newer reviews for Le Petit Gourmand

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The menu is limited but everything on it is excellent. Unfortunately we waited over an hour between starters and main course. For the price you pay we found this unacceptable. The chef was very apologetic and the food turned out to be worth the wait, but nonetheless we were unimpressed with the all round experience.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We didn't have a reservation, but arrived right as they opened and were seated right away. By the time we finished our meal, the place was packed, so I recommend making a reservation.

We started with the foie gras with mango chutney. I had pasta with shaved black truffle and my wife had the squid ink risotto. For dessert we did the crémé brûlée and the cheesecake. Everything was very tasty and a good value.

Bon Appetit.

1  Thank Jason T
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had one of the best meals of our trip in France at this restaurant. The lunch special menu included a salad plus dessert for 17€. I had the "salade de mer" , a delicious combination of smoked salmon on a bed of mixed greens with balsamic vinegrette, shrimp with citrus, and avocado mousse. For dessert I chose the Rum Baba. Everything was made on the premises. Attractive presentation and delicious flavour combinations. Attentive service (from staff who care!), on a shaded patio on a quiet pedestrian street. Doesn't get any better!

1  Thank MaryEllenA532
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is definetely the best french restaurant I have been. The couple who keeps the this small and cozy restaurant are really nice and friendly and the service is excellent. The food was incredible and the prices affordable! I would recommende people to go to Avignon just to taste the food here!

Tout simplement excellent faut absolumet le retour! Un grand merci!