“A lovely meal and experience!”
Review of Le Petit Gourmand

Le Petit Gourmand
Ranked #10 of 596 Restaurants in Avignon
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "Le Petit Gourmand" is a typical french food small restaurant providing home made meals cooked by the Chef close to you as if you were at home. 16 seats inside and double possible outside during the beautiful season (outside terrace here may be used more than 6 months per year from Easter).We have a special meal called "Secca d'Entrevaux" (thin slices of dried beef with pesto, potatoe in a owen, hot melted cheese and mesclun). Other "must": fresh pastas with truffle, or fresh raviolis with foie gras inside and a few desserts that you may find all in our "Café Gourmand".The rest of the dishes are proposed according to the season.
Canberra, Australia
“A lovely meal and experience!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Our first night in Avignon. We passed Le Petit Gourmand as we did our evening wander ... and returned for dinner, in part due to TripAdvisor comments (and it's really close to where we're staying). A wonderful choice! The house-wine is delicious; the fois gras mi cuit is like "dyin' and goin' to heaven"; we shared the cod/risotto and the tagliatella/truffles (my first ever truffles) - both equally divine. It seems to be mom, dad, and kid (kids?) running the place; we felt welcomed from our entry through our departure (yes; we closed it down, yet again!). We spent a little more than I expected; still, it was a great experience. We sat outside; all indoor tables were full (a tiny restaurant). Even with the heater, I got a little chilled ... and ... like magic, two warm blankets were delivered to me, and I was toasty warm. Would I return? Definitely!

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch, tiny but tasty”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

What a great place! Tiny kitchen, salon and terrace. My young family and I dropped in for lunch mid week. Despite two young children and a busy lunch time crowd the chef turned out really very good food from a tiny kitchen. No children's menu, no problem though because he made fresh pasta, olive oil and parmesan for the kids at a friendly price. The food for the adults? Excellent. Highly recommended.

Barcelona, Spain
“Like coming home”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Well, our home cooking was never quite this good - however, the matron treats you just as you would imagine her treating her grandchildren. You will be spoiled. Very unpretentious (a virtue in any restaurant!). Excellent items (all), with perfectly adequate sizes. Chicken entree (lots of tarragon) not to be missed; linguine with truffles had more truffles in one dish than I've cumulatively ever had. Fish of the day quite fresh, perfectly cooked.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jeffrey S
State of Sao Paulo
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect, begining with the foie gras, then the filet de boeuf maturated, until the café gourmand. My wife ate a tagliatelli truffée that scented all around (and our table was outside!). A simple place with very attentive service.

1 Thank PPGG1957
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I want to go back.”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I stopped at Le Petit Gourmand without first having read the reviews. The staff were welcoming and I had the fresh tagliatelle with a truffle cream sauce and the crème brûlée with a delicious rosé. It was with sadness that I hadn't enough room to taste more of their menu. The pasta was perfect, in both texture and taste and the crème brûlée was delicious. Perfectly crisp on top with being unbreakable, something they mess up frequently back home. If I get a chance, I will return here before I move on.

Visited May 2014