“Delightful lunch”

Le Petit Gourmand
Ranked #12 of 622 Restaurants in Avignon
Cuisines: Delicatessen, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "Le Petit Gourmand" is a typical french food small restaurant providing home made meals cooked by the Chef close to you as if you were at home. 16 seats inside and double possible outside during the beautiful season (outside terrace here may be used more than 6 months per year from Easter).We have a special meal called "Secca d'Entrevaux" (thin slices of dried beef with pesto, potatoe in a owen, hot melted cheese and mesclun). Other "must": fresh pastas with truffle, or fresh raviolis with foie gras inside and a few desserts that you may find all in our "Café Gourmand".The rest of the dishes are proposed according to the season.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We are living nearby at Uzes, and popped in to Avignon for a visit to the Papal Palace. It was lunchtime and I had see in on TA about this small restaurant. Its sited on one oof the pedestrian streets oe city with plenty of passing viewing. The menu is short but we both chose the house speciality of dried/cured sliced beef, pesto oil dressing, parmesan cheese and a baked potato. My goodness it was good and at 14.5 Euro excellent value. Every other diner was happy with their choices and it was pleasant that the owners kept talking with their customers and asking if we were enjoying our food. All in all it was a marvellous lunch. I will return next week and try another dish - which I am sure will be equally as good. Well done guys - keep it up.

1  Thank HughDownie

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is what a family restaurant should be all about. Laurence Ollivier, her son, and daughter all collaborate to make dining here a real treat. Service is courteous, engaging, and more home-style than restaurant. The signature dish "Secca" ( aged, thin sliced beef, with pesto, accompanied by potato and fresh greens is a welcome change from standard French Fare. My wife enjoyed her pork dish as well. The dessert platter ( a sampling of all house choices) left my family begging for more. Thanks much for your great attitude and excellent cuisine. We'll be back.......

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We picked Le Petit Gourmand because of the positive TA reviews by locals. I had the beef tenderloin slices with cheese and potato. My wife enjoyed the noodles with a truffle cream sauce. Both were excellent. I don't think you can go wrong with any meal here: every plate I saw bussed from the table was devoid of any leftovers. It was the perfect amount of delicious food. The staff is very friendly and speaks English!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

What a lovely little place! I had the house speciality - dried beef dressed with pesto and parmesan - delicious. The family who run the restaurant were friendly and really helpful, and also encouraged me in using my feeble french. Thank you!

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Laurence's cooking is excellent. I had the Dos de Cabillaud (fish) over rice with ink sauce surrounded by mussel sauce and and topped with slices of chorizo. OMG. To die for!! On top of that, the service is so familial. They really take the time to care about you. Thumbs up!!!