“Excellenct Provence Tour Guide” 5 of 5 bubbles

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellenct Provence Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Claire was fabulous. She showed us St. Marie de la Mer and Aix en Provence, taking us to a wonderful restaurant in between. Claire's vehicle was very comfortable and her knowledge was superb. She never stopped giving us an education all day long. Even at the end of the day she was ready to keep going even when we were worn out.
Very friendly and knowledgeable.
She also really takes care of you. My mom became too tired from being sick to walk and Claire quickly got her car and drove my mom to the next site. She was always ready with translating and helping us choose food.
Claire is excellent. I highly recommend her!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kristin S

Stockholm, Sweden
“I enjoyed my wonderful trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

What a smart, knowledgeble, inspiring and interesting person. Words are not enough to talk about Claire. Take a trip with her then you will have chance to explore beautiful landscape, delicious French food, amazing taste of Gorges.

Lottstetten, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Drive to a village concert with Claire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I and my daughter stayed in Claire' s house for over a week during the Avignon festival.
Claire is a wonderful, warm and outgoing person and makes you feel comfortable and at ease from the start. One evening we took a very special trip with her: She had a fun surprise in store for us: a celtic music performance in a little village, about 60 km from Avignon. If it wasn't for her, I would have really missed something. She drove us there in her very comfortable car, through the gorgeous countryside, while pointing out and explaining everything around us, the beauty of nature, the history, old and new stories, and jokes. Amazing, how much she knows about her country which she loves so much, the Provence. A great tour guide, (and also a very helpful, concerned: When she noticed that it was getting cold and windy, she right away provided us with light blankets from her car-always prepared!) We spent an unforgettable evening!
I would like to recommend traveling with Claire to anyone who wants to not only visit Avignon but also experience firsthand the life, nature and countryside of southern France.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Sabine M
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great Time with Claire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

During our recent holidays in Provence,Claire drove us to Aix en Provence, she is not only an efficient and competent driver but also very knowledgeable about the history, culture, mountains and valleys, surroundings of Provence.
She was virtually our guide in Aix en Provence and showed us around all the important and historical places with detailed explanations and history of various buildings which were at one point of time were the residences of wealthy and influential people of Aix en Provence which are called in French "Hotels" she is also an apt photographer which was an added advantage.
She chose a wonderful place for a very entertaining lunch.We cannot visualise our being in Provence next time without Claire driving us around.
She is accommodative and a thorough professional with a pleasant personality.

Tilburg, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Wonderful trip with Claire!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I came to Avignon and surroundings with my friend and Claire made our visit a wonderful stay. She took us to a local market (a real one), taste some local foods and coffee. She drove us to some villages like Gordes, Rousillon and some lavender sites. She is really professional, helpful and friendly. We really love the way she took care of us.

I and our friends love photography so we were really happy when we recognized Claire also love shooting some nice photos. We not only spent every moment in an amazing atmosphere in countryside together, but we also shared our experience about photography. She is a true companion.

I will take my family to Provence and definitely, ask for Claire's helpfulness.