“Recommended”
Review of Hotel Mignon

Hotel Mignon
Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Avignon
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Perfect hotel for exploring Avignon. Right in the centre, so all the sites are only a 5 minute walk away. Also within easy walking distance from the train station. Rooms were fine, and it was good to have a breakfast included to save us having to search for somewhere to eat in the mornings.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 3, 2009

We booked our room well in advance for 3 nights based on the reviews we read here and the wonderful pictures on the website. Our room (9) looked nothing remotely like what is advertised.
I asked if we could have a room similar to those we saw on the site either that night or for the next two nights and was told, yes, for an additional 30 euros. That seemed highy unfair and when I said this the owner told me we were welcome to leave. The cancellation policy was so strict I would have had to cancel the room before I left the states a good week earlier. It wasn't the amount of extra euros but the principal at stake. I've been to Europe several times and having stayed at 11 different hotels on this last trip, I've never run across such false advertising. We simply accepted our lousy room and made the most in beautiful Avignon.
I did stop by the tourist office and make a report and showed them pictures of the room. They were quite dilligent in following up and since then the owner of Hotel Mignon fired a letter back packed with lies which was both offensive and amusing. Somehow he brought in our nationality to the situation (American, yes but I speak three languages). I'm glad other people had a great stay, sadly for us this was the worst place we stayed because of M. Faroux's attitude and the bait and switch game.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ciaotravel4life
hotelmignon, Propriétaire at Hotel Mignon, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2009

We own a one star hotel which is supposed to be a quite low cast hotel. However, we provide to customers quiet sound proof rooms with air conditioned, private toilet and shower, multi-languages channel TV, free wireless internet access (WIFI) and business corners.
This customer who wrote the comment attached did a mistake. She requested a 3 or 4 star hotel standing.
We suggested to her a more comfortable room, of course, a bit more expensive that she refused immediately without visiting the room. She wanted to leave the hotel the next morning but she didn't, because she couldn't find another hotel with the same ratio quality/price.

PS: In our hotel, only the price of the first night of your stay is the deposit.

Reviewed July 16, 2009

I was in Avignon for four days in May and stayed at Hotel Mignon. Location was perfect, breakfast was awesome with fresh baguette and croissant everyday. The owners are very nice. I had room 17 and loved it, I had a nice view of houses and greenery. Perfect size for a solo traveler and could have fit two. The bathroom was small but I didn't really care because that's not where I was planning on spending my vacation. It served the purpose. It is very close to Palais des Papes, city centre and some good restaurants. I definitely want to go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Stephanie016
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We loved staying at this little charming hotel! It has 3 floors and 18 rooms (I think!) and yes the rooms are on the smaller side but honestly all hotels in France (and probably all of Europe) are like this, unless you are staying at the Hilton or something.

Serge is the wonderful receptionist/host :) he is the one that answers most of the emails and can often be seen at reception. He will provide you with a map of Avignon and some highlights and suggestions.

We paid around 63.5 Euros per night, and our room (No. 14) was on the 3rd floor facing the street. The room was clean with charming decor. It has air conditioning and a little TV. The bathroom is small but also clean. Had no problem with the shower except it is a little bit hard to keep water from getting out. There is wi-fi throughout the hotel, but there is also a computer downstairs by reception that you can use.

The location of the hotel is great, it is very close to the Palais du Pape and the Pont d'Avignon. It is a 5 - 8 min walk from the main street and the TI office. It is also close to some shopping and a pedestrian only area.

Breakfast is included in the price and we had croissants, bread with butter and jam, orange juice, and tea or coffee.

We really enjoyed our stay, even though it was only for 2 nights and think it is great value. On the morning we were to check out, we had to go pick up our rental car first, which is supposed to be a "city centre" location, but it is outside of the walled city and required taking a bus, plus we had trouble with picking up our card and was kept there for more than 1 hr. As a result, we did not get back to the hotel until noon to retrieve our belongings and Serge was positively nice about that!

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights in early May. Great location, great people, small but clean and family friendly. Provided a bed for my 2 year old baby and still charged me for a double room. Recomended.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Mignon for 3 nights in March 2009. We stayed in a Double room with attached WC & shower.

The Good: The immediate that impressed me was the friendliness & the helpfulness of the old man who greeted us at Hotel Mignon. The man and his wife are very friendly and made us feel like home. The room was not ready for us to check in in the morning so we went to explore around the city first before coming back to the hotel to find that all our heavy luggages had been carried to our rooms. We were very grateful.

The hotel was located in a quiet street along rue Joseph Vernet, thus noise is not a problem, even when our room was on the 2nd floor facing the street.

The room is very cosy with a nice heater & TV. It was very relaxing to laze in the room after a long day out exploring the city and all.

The Not-so-Good: Due to its quiet location, the street at night can be pretty frightening. We were always on the lookout for dodgy personnel. however, nothing bad happened throughout the 3 days that we were there.

The room is a bit small. with little movement space. The toilet is also very cramped. The wash basin is too small and just under the mirror shelf for putting our toiletries. This made it very inconvenient for us to brush our teeth & wash our face, etc.

The room is abit far from the train station & bus station. I practically dragged our heavy luggages from the bus station, 1.5km to the hotel. However, other than the distance from the stations, it was very near to the Palais des Papes & the St Benezet Bridge & most of the central attractions.

The wifi is a plus point.

Overall: We travelled around France for 21 days and stayed at 5 different hotels. Hotel Mignon is one of the best hotels that we stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Mignon in Avignon for three nights, December 25-28, 2008. I was in room 18, a single room on the 4th floor. There is no elevator, so that was a lot of steps up.

The room was old but clean with a bed (with sheets, a blanket, and a pretty quilted bedspread), phone, small closet, skylight, TV (with several channels, including BBC), small desk, sink, and tiny shower. It was well heated (as I was there during a chilly period). The room was cleaned daily.

I paid 41.67 euros per night (35 for the room, 6 for the breakfast, and 0.67 for the tax). The man at the front desk was friendly, helpful, and spoke English.

The breakfast was served in the breakfast room from 7:30 am to 10:00 am each morning. The breakfast included a croissant, baguette, butter, strawberry jam, orange juice, and a hot beverage.

I used the included wireless internet with my laptop, but the hotel also has a shared-use computer in the lobby. The wireless worked most of the time but not all of the time.

The shower in the room was very, very small, and only had a hand-held nozzle. The toilet was down the hall.

The hotel is only 2-3 blocks from the main square (Place de l'Horlage) and 2 blocks from Place Crillon.

I enjoyed my time at Hotel Mignon and would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ChemTeacherTraveller