Lowest prices for your stay
$572
Free cancellation until 10/27/21
Official Site
$396
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$571
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Hotels.com$571
Priceline$572
eDreams$572
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2008

My husband and I were traveling with my parents to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. We were using a new travel agent so naturally we were a little apprehensive about what properties she would pick for us. I had also read the reviews and that too made me a little nervous!

Let me say, anyone who doesn't like this hotel must be WAY too picky! We stayed in rooms 21 and 22 and they were fabulous! The bathrooms are spacious and well appointed. Upon our arrival we had figs, plums and grapes awaiting us in our room. Room 22 overlooks a lush courtyard.

The breakfast was included in our rate and was the typical European breakfast with cheeses, meat, fresh baked breads and pastries, granolas, yogurt and juices.

We had a special dinner on Tuesday evening that was held at a chefs table. There were only 12 seats and we also got a tour of their spectacular wine cellar. The meal itself could have been better but then my husband is a classical chef and I am a bit jaded! The ambiance in it's self was worth it!

I loved this hotel and its location right next to the Pope's Palace and all of Provence! If we could have, we would have stayed longer!!! Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of the hotel!

Date of stay: September 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Sfarmer1228
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We stayed for five nights at La Mirande -- using Avignon as a jumping off point for day trips around Provence. This is a very charming, well located, service oriented property. The rooms are cute and well cared for, with large and very functional bathrooms -- my only complaint being that the bedroom could use a chest of drawers or two -- very difficult to unpack five days of clothing with only one smallish closet. It is also a little tricky to get your car to the hotel (and in and out of the city in general), but the staff tries to make it as easy as possible with good instructions, etc. Overall, the concierge staff does a very good job of helping direct you to sites in Avignon and around the area. Additionally, though we did not eat breakfast at the hotel (price was a bit steep, given the decent bakeries within a stone's throw of the hotel), we did eat two dinners there and those were in fact the best meals we ate on our trip. Great waiters, well prepared food, really good champagne by the glass, etc......Tea time was also good -- very cozy atmosphere and good choice of teas and snacks. Additionally, the hotel staff recommended very good local, casual restaurants for the other nights. Would recommend this hotel as a very good choice in the area and Avignon is a nice city to see and makes a good starting point for trips to many nice little towns in the area.

Date of stay: September 2008
Reviewed September 1, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed for 3 nights at this hotel in Avignon. We could not fault the location or decor of the whole hotel and the rooms which was simply stunning. However the breakfast was very disappointing for €28 and I would highly recommend to anyone that they venture over to the main square for a fabulous and less costly breakfast at any of the cafes. After the disappointing breakfast we decided not to eat in their restaurant as it was very expensive and we did not want to be disappointed. Instead we ate at the small independent restaurents within walking distance of the hotel and all of our meals were surpurb. My advice is save yourself the expense and explore the local cuisine on offer. Lastly, after checking out (and settling our bill) we were left to struggle out of the front door will our luggage to our car whilst the manager and the staff were all standing around chatting at the front desk!! Not a 5 star farewell!

Date of stay: August 2008
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We live in England and also have a house in Southern Spain.
We drive to Spain once a year. In 2006, on the way back from Spain, we stopped off at "La Mirande". We thought it was the best hotel in the world at the time. Location, service, rooms, meals it had everything.
We booked again this year. We booked for two nights.
I'm afraid the hotel was nowhere near as good. The service was dreadful and arrogant. The food was OK, but nothing special.
The head waiter had left from our previous visit. A new head waiter has been appointed. He has no control at all over the serving staff. We were just ignored as they stood giggling.
We would never stay again in this hotel.
We paid 1200 UKL (1500 euro) for two nights

Date of stay: June 2008
2  Thank mustardsfather
Reviewed October 9, 2007

This place is a must stay if you are in need of a hotel in the Avignon area. The hotel is located near all of the major sites (right behind the Popes Palace) and not too far from the central train station if you are doing day trips. The staff provided exceptional service throughout our entire stay.
Dinner at the Chef's table is a must!
If you are looking for a day trip to the many vineyards that surround the area, then have the staff make a reservation with Avignon Wine Tours. Francois provides an exceptional day trip to many of the vineyards nearby.

Date of stay: September 2007