“Excellent food, delightful service”
Review of Fou de Fafa

Fou de Fafa
Ranked #1 of 600 Restaurants in Avignon
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Costa del Sol
“Excellent food, delightful service”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The food (which is actually cooked and served by an English couple!) is wonderful, being very inventive. The menu is sensibly short, but the quality is superb. Similarly, the wines are all reasonably priced and very good. The services could not have been better or more friendly. The restaurant is quite small, so it is essential to book as it seems to be full all the time.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JeevesCostadelSol

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Restaurant in Avignon”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated my birthday at this small & cozy restaurant. The owners are exceptional. Husband is the chef & wife at the front. Our table was waiting with decoration of balloons very nice detail. The food was delicious! I had a duck & my wife the pork. Absolutely tasty & well prepared. The desserts decadent. The service & friendliness makes the place unique. A restaurant to visit in Avignon

east anglia
“Chicken cake”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

amazing little restaurant, in the back streets but very easy to find. A must to visit in Avignon. The lady in front of house gives all a tremendous welcome, and for me a welcome bonus, could explain the menu exceedingly well in English. Not that I have any issue with a French Restauranteur not being able to speak my language, I never mind a surprise, but my wife prefers to know what is coming in advance!
Well I certainly had a surprise here, "Chicken Cake" whatever is this as a starter. Well it is absolutely superb, a proper little sponge cake made with pieces of chicken, served in a mushroom sauce. I have never tasted such an intense flavour of chicken before!
We then had fillet of pork, again cooked perfectly followed by two delicious deserts. This was all washed down with a local wine recommended by our fantastic hostess. Merci !
The price was very reasonable but booking is strongly advised we were exceedingly lucky to have got a table for our weekend stay.

Visited October 2013
Geneva
“Worth the effort to get a reservation - fantastic experience! !”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Hard to add more superlatives than have already been listed in the hundreds of other reviews... Fou de Fafa is number 1 and still champion.
The points that I really appreciated:
Staggered reservations meant a half full (or empty - depending on your point of view) restaurant, which was very refreshing is difficult. o have a little space and not have to shout. Service couldn't have been better as the managed reservations balance the workload perfectly.
Food was great and for 28euros for a 3 course menu was very reasonable as well as wine list
Restaurant itself is open and simple, which for me is very relaxing and added to the enjoyment of the evening.
For me, at least decent food is a given for certain restaurants and what differentiates better dining for me is the service. Antonia is perfect in what she does and greatly added to the enjoyment of our evening. This will definitely be one of our main stays in Avignon. Email for a reservation - calling I

• Visited October 2013
Perth
“Wow!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This restaurant is truly a must do if you are visiting Avignon. Thanks to advice on Tripadvisor we emailed and were fortunate enough to gain a reservation. The outstanding difference for us was the point that the owners/chef was not primarily occupied with making as much money as possible but to give not only a memorable and delicious meal but provide service and ambience which in this region can be a little difficult to find! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone and would return to eat here if ever I were fortunate to return to this fabulous region of France! Congratulations on you amazing food and service. :) mmmm

• Visited May 2013